Fireman has surgery to look like Bruce Willis

Laur

Registered
Fireman has surgery to look like Bruce Willis

A US firefighter has undergone plastic surgery in India to look like Hollywood star Bruce Willis.

John Joseph Conway, 43, from Chicago, checked into the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi with a photograph of his hero.

"I am a firefighter. I need to look the part. I wanted to improve my jawline. Bruce Willis has a nice, strong jaw," he told the Hindustan Times after surgery.

Vivek Kumar, part of the medical team which operated on Conway, said doctors studied his face for three days to give him the look he wanted.

"After he contacted us on email, he said that as a man who jumps into burning buildings, people in the community look up to him and he needed to maintain his macho image," Kumar told the paper.

Conway, who spent £800 on the three-hour operation, said he was satisfied with the surgery.

He now plans to bring his 63-year-old mother for a £750 face-lift, as well as his sister for surgery.

The three would spend £2,300 for the medical procedures, post-operative care and hospital stay, about a tenth what it would cost in the US.