Vu Plus Ultimo - 36v Motorised VBoxII Setup

nsharma

Registered
Hi,

As a newbie, can somebody please kindly advise or point me in the right direction, when setting up a 36v Superjack actuator/motorised dish (previously used with an Echostar DVR-7000) for Vu Plus Ultimo Triple Tuner 1TB receiver.

The dish is currently pointing at Astra (19.2E). What are the steps when setting up Tuner A on the receiver, and the VBoxII is showing 000 (dish direction/connections are OK). Should the VBoxII have to be programmed the East-West limits on a non-horizon-2-horizon dish mount before anything else?

I have tried Tuner A - Configuration mode=Advanced, Satellite=Astra(19.2E), LNB=1 now shows more menus. Leaving settings unchanged, scrolling down to Use USALS for this Sat=No (Stored Position 001 appears). When accepting this as well as the channel lists, how do request the receiver to move the disk to find the next satellite position without using the VBoxII controls?

If the installed image is replaced by another, does the receiver loose all tuner plus any other stored settings?

Also, what are the steps on how to take a copy of the factory installed image on the receiver?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

nsharma

Registered
Hi,

As instructed by the install guide (PDF), I followed the steps but afterwards, I could not see the Positioner menu. It appears that a VIX image (experimental Dec 2, 2011) is installed on the receiver. Please advise.

With kind regards,

Neeraj Sharma.

nsharma

Registered
Hi,

Trying to setup an Ultimo receiver (VIX image), triple tuners (DVB-S/S2) with 36v motorised disk/VboxII positioner and having setup problems:-

- The motorised disk is connected to a Universal Quad LNB, covering the Turksat to Hispasat satellites.

- Using the old Echostar DVR700 in parallel as a picture/satellite-lock meter for the respective satellite positions, storing these on the VboxII (previously reset) connected to the motorised dish.

- No dish limits were set on the VBoxII.

- Moved the dish via the VBoxII remote to the various stored position and then configured Tuner A (Tuner B&C are disabled) to assign a corresponding satellite name, LNBxx (where xx increments with each additional satellite name added).

- Further down the menu, changed DiSecq mode=1.2, USALS=No and input-stored that satellite position using the receiver's remote control.

- When performing an automatic scan, this configuration fine works for Astra-1, Eutelsat-W2 and Hotbird, by moving the disk to the correct satellite and scanning the transponders.

- However, scanning other satellites, the receiver shows a motorised dish-symbol implying that the disk needs moving, even when moved to the correct postion by the receiver whilst the scan transponder details are displayed on screen, but no scan progress is made.

Am I missing anything else out?

I also have installed plugins for the Satfinder and Positioner setup (not used for the above steps). Should I use start from scratch, knowing in advance where the various satellite positions are, but only programming them into the VBoxII (after resetting VBoxII) using the receiver plugins?

Is it better to use another or later VIX image or BH-1.76, instead of the factory shipped VIX, just in case there are quirks in this original VIX image? If this is the case, what are the steps to restore the receiver back to the factory default VIX image with the bootloader?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.