Baby named John Lewis after shop birth

Laur

Registered
Baby named John Lewis after shop birth

A woman has named her baby John Lewis after going into labour in the store in London.

Anita Baidoe was shopping for a baby carrier in John Lewis in Brent Cross shopping centre when she went into labour eight weeks early.

Ms Baidoe, from Plumstead, said: "The staff saw I was looking hot and bothered and got me a chair and called a first aider, but I kept telling them I didn't think it was serious.

"We called my partner Sam to come and pick me up, but the contractions had already started and the first aider said I must get to hospital."

Ms Baidoe, a catering manager, was rushed to Northwick Park Hospital where she gave birth to a 4lb 4oz boy.

Dad Sam Quartey, 35, said: "They (the shop staff) were absolutely fantastic by all accounts, fussing over her and making her comfortable.

"We didn't know the sex of the baby until he was born, but then it just came to us. We should call him John Lewis Quartey."

According to ThisisLondon, Ms Baidoe added: "I think if I had been shopping in Dorothy Perkins I would have had to find him another name."