Amiko 8820 help please

Muckey

Registered
Ok guys maybe I'm doing something wrong oft not doing something so as the title says I have two amiko 8820 boxes on is connected via cable to the router and the second I'm trying to connect is via the amiko wifi stick it finds the wifi accepts the password and then says wifi time out not connected and the signal is alway between 85 and. 95% any body any advice

Muckey

Registered
Figured it out finally change the security on your router to none and connect and then change back to wpa2 and reconnect it will work perfect.

Thank Christ for that is all I can say

edmcormac

Registered
maybe talk with amiko costumer service...
http://amikostb.com/?q=contact and wait for answer in your mail

maybe there somethin wrong with the software
Thanks rebelking1980, i have been onto amikostb.com and been informed that there is a problem with the receiver's WiFi driver.
The Chipset manufacturer is working on the solution which we will release in the following weeks.
For now I will try changing security on router as Muckey says.
Thanks

edmcormac

Registered
Thanks rebelking1980, i have been onto amikostb.com and been informed that there is a problem with the receiver's WiFi driver.
The Chipset manufacturer is working on the solution which we will release in the following weeks.
For now I will try changing security on router as Muckey says.
Thanks
Tried changing router security still not connecting. will have to wait for driver update.

edmcormac

Registered
Tried changing router settings, in the advanced 802.11 wireless settings the WPA version allowed was set on version 1 and 2. Changed to version 2 only and reset router. WiFi is now working.