YouTube problems in f/w 5309 (Premium). Will anyone fix them?

superas

Registered
Hello all. Recently I bought an AZBOX Premium HD because I have read that it has so many abilities! But I am not so satisfied, after many weeks of research (and I am not new in this sport). Let's start with simple problems:

1. I have the latest firmware 0.9.5309 from 06/09/2011. This firmware is rather old now to support Youtube of today. To be more precise, I can see the thumbnails of the various videos (not ALL of them), but when I am trying to play one, the playback cannot start and a circle is running (obviously it tries to load the stream). Some other times, it freezes in "Please wait! Connecting...". I have managed to play very few YouTube videos. Is there any plan to fix these problems?

2. The RSS News works fine, but basically is useless, because I cannot read the summary of a news record. There is a single line per news record, so only a few words can be read. If I want to read the article I have to press the OK and then the browser comes up. The idea is nice, but the browser is so slow and buggy that tends to be a waste of time. Can someone tell me if it is going to be fixed in the future?

3. As an AZBOX customer, I would like to know if this receiver will have new firmware updates in future. If the company has decided that wants to support only the newer products (AZBOX Me), they have to say it officially, so that we can do our moves. There are already 5 months of dead silence in firmware field and this is very worrying to me. All the AZBOX customers need this piece of information. There are many bugs in current firmware to be left unresolved. Also I believe that this box has excellent abilities that shouldn't be wasted due to bad support.

Thanks for your time.

pe.tardo

Registered
Suppport for tis kind of "Official frw" is finished and it will not have new updates.
Now, development is in E2 and Aztrino, much better than Opensat/Celrun.
I think you should change to E2, (better E2: Aztrino is not supporting twin tuner, by the moment, but I hope it will...)

superas

Registered
Hello pe.tardo and thank you for your quick answer.
Suppport for tis kind of "Official frw" is finished and it will not have new updates.
How can you be so sure? As far as I know, there is no official statement from Opensat.

Now, development is in E2 and Aztrino, much better than Opensat/Celrun.
I have tried AZtrino 1.1 for my Premium HD and I wasn't impressed. There are no updates also for my model. Why do you think that E2 is much better than the official?

I think you should change to E2
Is there a constant development and support? Which is the best team? Does it support DVB-T tuner, Youtube, RSS etc?

I have chosen AZBOX due to the large number of features "supported" but the truth is far away from there. I can accept that a product which wants to implement so many features cannot go in the market 100% ready, but I cannot accept that its firmware support will stop so early with so many bugs left.

My opinion is that the company should restart publishing new versions of the official f/w at least one per month. I propose the official, because we all feel much more conveniently there rather than in AZtrino 1.1. We need proper and permanent support of YouTube, faster browsing with browser module, better implementation of RSS news (so that we can see the summary of a news record), proper support of legal plugins and much more.

Otherwise, the company will be considered as unreliable and I will never buy their products or propose them to my friends. We look for an official answer. Time is very important for all of us.

Sat-anic

Donating Member
I also agree that oficial firmware must keep on, because it is unique and interesting. Moreover, E2 can be found in other receivers ...