Is this box worth buying advise.

scorpion007

Registered
Hi, my DM7025+ broke recently and I now am looking for a H/Def replacement. Has the 7020HD good picture quality and does it have running hot problems like older models did. Also I haven't seen BH images for newer DM boxes, will this be the case for this box as well. I know these are the same boring questions that get asked all the time, but I need to ask someone that owns one.;)

barfly

Donating Member
Hi scorpion007, got 7020hd on release date, picture quality is what youd expect for the price, excellent , does,nt run hot, fast boot up , personally cant fault it, oh & it looks great!

Pheonix

Registered
no you wont get official BH images for any DM receiver as they only write for Vu now, you do see patched images but there not the same.

cueball

Registered
I have a VU+Duo and a Dreambox 7020HD so can comment on the merits of the two boxes.

The hardware design is far nicer on the Dreambox 7020 in comparison to a VU+Duo and the Dreambox remote control is better but I wouldn't say at present that it is worth the price premium over a VU+Duo. This may well change in the future if Dream introduce innovations in Enigma2 that are not replicated by VU. The 7020HD has a 1GB flash which is significantly more than the VU+Duo but no current images take advantage of the large flash. The 7020HD has a working PIP for SD channels which is an improvement over the VU+Duo.

The VU+Duo and Ultimo have exclusive support from the Blackhole team who are producing quality images.

At present on an image like OpenPLI a Dreambox 7020HD and a VU+Duo will perform almost identically.

The VU+ Ultimo is a receiver with a lot of potential as well which is similar in terms of Flash etc to the 7020HD but can be configured as a triple satellite tuner.

Overall, the Dreambox 7020HD is a very nice twin tuner receiver and works very well and I don't think anyone would be disappointed with it.

7020HD A greatbox but at moment the VU+ Ultimo is a better box for me as its got better images. Boot time is also faster on the VU+ Ultimo and the Hd image is a little better.
For the looks the 7020HD is a great loking box but for the price its not worth it and VU+ Ultimo has som better hardware the the 7020HD Has no hdmi 1.3 that is a must for my audio system. the VU+ Ultimo is a far better Box in hardware and price.
The 7020 is a very new box lets just hope that DM has not pissed some of the Teams working on the images off and we get some better images soon...

kostassatcom

Registered
hello,i have dream7020hd with newenigma,also a friend of mine has vu ultimo with blackhole.the two boxes are the same,the only differece are the images.i aggree vu ultimo has better support...

pedigree

Registered
Hi
I know the Vu ultimo can support two s2 tuners and a DVB-T2 tuner can the 7020 support the DVB-T2.I need it for Saorview.
Thanks
Pedigree

viasatt

Registered
You can use an usb DVB-T2 tuner ,and you'll have a triple tuner dm7020HD,for e.g DVB-T2 290e nanoStick .
One more thing regarding DM7020HD vs VU+ ,the cardreaders (sci) on DM7020HD are the best,on VU+ are a joke (no newcs,slow ecm times,instability,to name a few),and this will not change in the future.
Best Regards!

xXTomXx

Registered
One more thing regarding DM7020HD vs VU+ ,the cardreaders (sci) on DM7020HD are the best,on VU+ are a joke (no newcs,slow ecm times,instability,to name a few),and this will not change in the future.
you should try to use a gammacard on a vu...with oscam the box collapses immediately. with cccam it takes a little longer but the result is the same.
i never had something similar with a dreambox.