Uno and epg

birdman99

Registered
can someone tell me two things firstly on uno what is the best epg to use for motorised channels including uk and what is the process of getting it on the box?

2nd question for the experienced,what is a softcam and does it have to be installed with cccam?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
CrossEPG is about that best you can get.

A softcam is in simple terms a file which comtains provider keys, a Emu will use this file to clear encrypted channels. Nothing much open these days by this method.

Sometimes a Emu can be referred to as a softcam which does confuse things.

birdman99

Registered
epg

so how do i get this cross epg going?

ive had to reflash box to vix as having problems with blackhole.its a shame because its a great bit of firmware,think it just has been no good for my box.im going to install vix now and do the satellites one by one as the channel lists have stuff missing.probabally not the best night to do a scan with the weather ha ha

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Vix has its own built in EPG not a image i use .

birdman99

Registered
uno

couldnt get vix to work so went back to B/H epg is doing my head in supposed to be the best,wouldnt like to see the worse,ha ha.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok mount a USB stick

1. Start crossepg from the plugins menu or in some cases from the menu button enter the configuration tab. If you see your hdd or usb on top option your ok USB is preferred now select yes to all options, turn scheduled download on and then choose a time then exit and select xmltv providers.

2. Scroll and select the EPG's you want do one at a time and press the yellow button to do a manual download now.

3. After the download completes press the info button and then yellow for single it should now show you a five day EPG

birdman99

Registered
epg

this is exactly what i done last night with epg setup,what is the best one to chose there is loads,that rytek keeps letting me down on this box