problem uno set up

birdman99

Registered
i bought a uno yesterday and to be honest dont like it much im used to the technomate tm 500 super which is so easy to use.
ive installed blackhole ive tryed to install cams to tmp folder and nothing im dreading trying to put my server details in as i know it will take days to sus it out,ive read loads of tutorials but there simply dont wotk with the uno and ftp.Cant belive how hard it is,why dont there just install everything you need on the images.stupid.
anyone who as been where i am could you please help.running blackhole

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok mate

You FTP this to the tmp folder

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=706360&postcount=2

Dont unrar it FTP it as it is.

Then on your remote press green then yellow and choose manual addons, select the CCcam file and press ok.

Exit out then press the blue button once use the <> buttons on your remote to select CCcam and then press ok to start.

Youll find the CCcam.cfg in the /etc folder.

birdman99

Registered
vu uno

What you mean dont even open it just ftp it as it is in a rar.?
do you think im best off woth bh or vix image,would you be able to help me get it up and running? its really doing my head in and i could really do with some help.

georgeflu

Registered
no,it isn't rar,it is tgz!
all enigma2 images,are someway the same in their use.their differences are in the panels and tools.it isn't something dificult,you need just some time to play with it and after some time everything will be simple.

birdman99

Registered
thanks

when i do get it working how do i attach my lines.tm was easy i used the ip interface and added or i used dbox edit.??/

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
George is correct its not a rar file its a tarball which is a Linux installation file that winrar just happens to be able to open.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
when i do get it working how do i attach my lines.tm was easy i used the ip interface and added or i used dbox edit.??/

You ftp to /etc highlight the CCcam.cfg right click it and select edit then add the line and save

birdman99

Registered
cc

when im opening it coming out in two folders so do i just add both of them seperatly of coarse to a foler on my pc then ftp that folder? sorry to be a pain

birdman99

Registered
uno

Ok i think ive got it ftp d, now what do i do? do i reboot then add channels for 28.5(just to start with) then press blue button and then what? im thinking i need to start the cam but i dont see any way of doing it is there some plugin or somthing that does it?once i ve awaoken the ccam i go back to ftp programe go into cam ect and edit then add lines into that file,is that correct?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
We did say mate you dont open any file you send it over as you downloaded it from here

birdman99

Registered
uno

when i go in to it to put the lines there is loads of writing do i delete or just add lines in bottom,getting there

birdman99

Registered
uno

right ive got ccam on tmp but when i try to edit the ect file it wont save the lines ive tryed notepad and word for copy paste but wont work,im using vix image now by the way as bh kept crashing on sat search part,hope im not been to much of a pain but il never do this without help.cheers guys, esp FERET

birdman99

Registered
uno

ok its installed,now all i need to do is edit the cam im using filezilla ill try it now seems how its actually installed on the box i think that is what you where getting at,ill go in edit delete all the writing in notepad then enter my stuff?
right or wrong.
so greatfull for this uno.

Last edited:

georgeflu

Registered
it is not necessary to delete all in the file. just add your line (c line) in the text and save it. there is and an example somewhere over there for c lines. and remove the "#" if there is one in front of your line.

birdman99

Registered
uno

thats the problem though it wont let me put any lines in it when i copy paste it doesnt save,so at he moment ive got it on the box but it doesnt have my lines in as i cant get them in using ftp view/edit ,notepad or word.should be a simple thing to do really.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
thats the problem though it wont let me put any lines in it when i copy paste it doesnt save,so at he moment ive got it on the box but it doesnt have my lines in as i cant get them in using ftp view/edit ,notepad or word.should be a simple thing to do really.

What the location of the CCcam file your trying to edit ?

birdman99

Registered
help

the file i am was trying to edit is the ccam ect file on the pc i was going to edit it then re send it.is there a other way like network path?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ther is no reason that file wont save on a windows PC in notepad unless you have it open from the tarball in winrar or something like that.

Extract the CCcam.cfg to your desktop and edit it there.

birdman99

Registered
help

Ive sussed it i think i just opened the vu on network im using windows 7 then edit from there.now need to setup moorised dish channels and should be on my way to watching.tHANKS FOR YOUR TIME

THE USALS ARE 6 DEC ECT 000.000 SO WOULD I ENTER AS FOLLOWS
001.129 THEN 054.620 ?

also when you download motorised channels how do you delete then do manual install 1 by 1 instead? i would rather manually install myself but already downloaded from box earlier