s9/s10 questions for second box

linux geek

Registered
HI folks

I use a vu duo as my main box but need a second box for upstairs and the s9 or s10 seems to fit the bill. would appreciate if anyone who uses the box in this way could give me a review.

Also before I pay the money there appears to be little price difference between the s9 and s 10 what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Ive been in this game long enough to realize that the higher model number is not always the best.

A side issue but as a bonus if it would read my TNTSAT card as this would solve another problem I have at the moment.

LilleMama

Registered
The main difference is the Scart output is removed on S10HD , but who need it on a HD reciever ?? .

2. S10 also offer a 3 row tv channel menu , with its own firmware .

linux geek

Registered
I'm confused to what you are saying is buy the s10 as it has less ports than the s9

the s10 to me looks like a cut down version of the s9 with no increase in the CPU or memory

for me the only benefit I can see with the s10 is its smaller footprint which is not a issue for me or am i missing something ?

christop1

Registered
i have the solomend hd (the s9 )very good box no real problems ,very good tuner and easy to use .think the s10 is just a new cover for the hardweare but i did not know it had its own softweare intresting