NET Brazil - Nagra 2

Rain_1

Registered
I'd like to say that I read the rules and didn't find anything against me making this thread, so i'd like to apologize in advance if I made anything wrong... :D

--

Hi there everybody. I'm kinda new to the site, but I searched around and didn't find much relating to my particular issue, so here it goes.

So, here's the deal. I live in Brazil and the mainstream Cable provider down here is called NET. They use DVB-C, Nagra 2 and 3 encoding on their signal. I'm a subscriber of their service and thus, I have a valid and working Nagra 2 and 3 card.

MOST of their network is entirely coded in Nagra 2. Only the HD channels are encoded in Nagra 3. Because of that, there's about a million different "pirate" decoders out there, with daily updates that allow anybody with them to watch every single Nagra 2 encoded channel, including pay per view.

Since I'm already a subscriber, buying an overpriced "pirate" decoder didn't appeal to me as much as buying a DVB-C tuner for my PC, so that's what I did.

Everything works as a charm: I can see all the channels listed and I can watch all the free channels. However, obviously, I can't watch the Nagra 2 channels, as they're encrypted. But everybody that bought those "pirate" decoders can.

Doing some research, it seems I need the Nagra 2 key for my particular Cable Provider (which I can't find ANYWHERE) and a working CAM emulator (to use said keys). With the provider name being NET, finding the N2 key for it is not a trivial search result. I also lack the actual knowledge of what to do once I find the key. I heard that using a combination of Fenrir/Yaksee I'd be able to grab the keys out of thin air (or out of the thin cable, in this case), but I haven't been able to progress much.

I even bought a Card Reader so I could watch the Nagra 3 encoded HD channels and the Nagra 2 channels I have access to it all else fails, but I didn't manage to have much success there either.

Information on the subject is really hard for me to find. I can find the Nagra 2 Sat keys every single website and forum I go to, but actual information about how or which plugins to use is scarce.

I'm not asking for a direct answer to my problems (even though one would be much appreciated), but if somebody could point me into the right direction (in either obtaining the NET Nagra 2 key, or how to interface with my Card subscription to watch the Nagra 3 channels), I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks for you guys great work. Now, back to reading!

Last edited:

Rain_1

Registered
Hey, it's been a while.

I did some research in between when I posted this and now, so I'd like to share and hopefully get some more help. That's actually the more important part, since nothing of what I'll write here was confirmed by anybody (since the people that know this information chose not to share it, as they want to turn a profit).

The Cable Company down here (called "NET") does something that's not so usual (or at least wasn't) in other parts of the world: They marry the Access Card to the Decoder. In other words, the Access Card only works on the Decoder provided by them. If you use the Card on another decoder, you won't be able to retrieve the Decoding Keys for Nagra 2 or 3.

So, because of that, there's no way to legally decode the signal on a PC (even using a Card and a Card Reader), UNLESS you open your set top box (provided by them, in which case you'll need to give it back to them), desolder a couple chips and read them to find out the unique serial number (not the one that you can easily see on the "about" menu) and then, using a plugin, feed that number along with your card. (as tv998 said)

What really bugs me is that, if I illegally buy a 200 USD decoder box, sold in every corner of the country, you can easily see every Nagra 2 channel on the service, by breaking it's encryption. They have updates you can apply (new Nagra 2 keys and a new CAS module) to each of these decoders every time the cable company changes encryption. I really don't want to feed this parallel market of overpriced hardware to, essentially, steal TV. I'd like learn how to do it (or why I can't do it) myself, on my computer, specially when I already pay for the damn channels.

And here's the part that I need some help with:

From what I've gathered, there's no Software CAS emulator Plugins available for PC that are compatible with my Cable Provider. So, even if I have the new Nagra 2 keys (which you can easily extract from these updates), I'm out of luck.

Since the only CAS Module compatible with the Network Operator is provided by the sellers of those Decoders, I heavily doubt they would release a non-encrypted version of it. And I'm not a good enough programmer to analyze the provided decoder updates to, somehow, create a CAS Plugin compatible with ProgDVB, DreamDVB or similar software.

I've tried VPlug, MDPlug (now discontinued, I guess) and other SoftCam plugins, with the proper Nagra2 keys (which are not as hard to find as I first though), but they can never find a decoding key match. From the very little documentation available on the subject, the ProviderIDs provided with the Nagra 2 key file are never matched with the broadcasted ProviderIDs, as those keep changing. I believe they're being encrypted somehow, but as I said, I can't find information on the subject.

Maybe my mistake is that i'm using DVB-S SoftCams, where I should be looking for DVB-C SoftCams? I understand DVB-S information is much more widespread, which is why I use them as the basis for my research, but I guessed some of the same principles would apply.

Any help would be appreciated. Even if it's just to explain to me why breaking Nagra 2 keys from my Cable Provider on ProgDVB with a DVB-C tuner is not as easy as I made myself believe it would be, since there's a big number of Pirate Decoders that allow you to do it.

I read the FAQ, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss Breaking N2 Encryption in here, or how SoftCam plugins work. If not, I apologize.

Last edited:

sardonis

Registered
you can BQ1.5 and unloop_v3 for dump Nagra2 1801 of card ,get BOXKEY and RSA.

Which tool is BQ1.5?