Status
Not open for further replies.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
11/04/2011

Oscam Auto Update Script for Dreambox

with this script you can autoupdate the lastest oscam version

Oscam is an open-source project and the developers constantly update the SVN.

I have some Dreamboxes at home and I like to have my oscam up to date so I created a script for dreambox that downloads the latest binaries from UMP FileCenter and updates my oscam. I run this script every day at 5:00 AM using cronjobs.

Here is the script for Dreambox 800HD (should work on all enigma 2 dreamboxes).

If your oscam script is not “/usr/script/oscam.emu” then you have to adapt the start and stop commands to your own box.

Download this script and upload it to the “/usr/script” folder on dreambox and set the permissions to 755.

To execute the update just telnet to the box and execute the command “sh /usr/script/oscam-update.sh“.

Alternatively you can set a cronjob to execute the script at a given time (ie: everyday at 5:00 AM) which really make the process completely automatic.

Enjoy it!

marce

VIP
Oscam Version Auto Update on Dreambox

Code:
27-06-11

Oscam is an open-source project and the developers constantly update the SVN.

I have some Dreamboxes at home and I like to have my oscam up to date so I created a script for dreambox that downloads the latest binaries from the download center and updates my oscam. I run this script every day at 5:00 AM using cronjobs.

Here is the script for Dreambox 800HD (should work on all enigma 2 dreamboxes).

I am using the Newnigma2 images. If your oscam script is not “/usr/script/oscam.emu” then you have to adapt the start and stop commands to your own box.

Download this script and upload it to the “/usr/script” folder on dreambox and set the permissions to 755.

To execute the update just telnet to the box and execute the command “sh /usr/script/oscam-update.sh“.

Alternatively you can set a cronjob to execute the script at a given time (ie: everyday at 5:00 AM) which really make the process completely automatic.

marce

VIP
Oscam Version Auto Update on Dreambox v3

Code:
Version3 07-07-11 
This version is much easier to configure, you no longer need to define the start and stop commands and no scripts are called.
The script now checks the tekreaders.com site to get the latest download link for the specified platform.

marce

VIP
Oscam Version Auto Update on Dreambox v4

Code:
Version 4 
This version should fix the tar extracting of the file and you need to configure the oscam START and STOP commands because most people use multiple emus with Oscam and have custom scripts.
Added option to update platform mips-wrt45g.

marce

VIP
Oscam Version Auto Update on Dreambox v5

Code:
Version 5 
This version should fix the tar extracting of the file.
Platform “mips-tuxbox” was removed and a new one was created, it is now “mips-tuxbox-oe2.0″.

Status
Not open for further replies.