NEW :REVOLUTION also For Strong 8000

Viking61

Registered
Channelist and EMU file the same?

Can you use the same channellist and EMU-file either you use SatTracker 3.0 or Revolution 2.0?

iomeali

Registered
no

for the list there a internal list.

if you wont:

you can edit the internal list with Mediaset Editor Setting Modified Tis( TIS MES)

You make copy and glue

you can modify the list as you prefer with the Mes.

In order to send the list: you read the handbook (not to use loader 2000)

you must only use the rs232.

bey

iomeali

Registered
Patch for Revolution 2 strong 8000 with only 2 flash

Patch for Revolution 2 strong 8000 2 flash

estended fw

qualified the virtual card and...........and for the rest... you must use TIS MES............:D

iomeali

Registered
Patch for Revolution 2 strong 8000 with 3 flash

for 8000 3 flash

virtual card.......

Viking61

Registered
Tis Mes

Thanks a lot iomeali :thum:

Just one question. Do you use TIS MES also for patching Revolution 2.0 itself, or only for the channellist and the extra patch?

I mean, for the Revolution 2.0 do you use TIS MES or Loader2000?

Viking61

Registered
Dead Strong

I patched my Strong 8000 with Revolution 2.0 using Loader2000. That went OK and I was able to watch some of the channels. But I was not able to communicate with the tuner, so stupid me tried to upload the channellist using Loader2000 even though iomeali had told to use TIS MES only.

Now my Strong 8000 is dead, but I have seen somewhere a procedure to revive dead Strong tuners. Now I am not able to find that post again. Does any of you have in english the procedure to revive a dead Strong?

iomeali

Registered
I patched my Strong 8000 with Revolution 2.0 using Loader2000. That went OK and I was able to watch some of the channels. But I was not able to communicate with the tuner, so stupid me tried to upload the channellist using Loader2000 even though iomeali had told to use TIS MES only.

Now my Strong 8000 is dead, but I have seen somewhere a procedure to revive dead Strong tuners. Now I am not able to find that post again. Does any of you have in english the procedure to revive a dead Strong?

:cool:

so you have overwritten the flash

you can try with edstrong

i hope you know use of edstrong.
you connect com and parallel cable

set generic test only
open edstrong

set your port com

go to decoder function(reicever menu)

click on revive display

you write " cafe "

start process

sent Decoder in cha (also if you see it off it is probable it is in cha)

sent 3daned3.bin

if process go

you can sent a sattracker fw

good look

Viking61

Registered
You win some, you lose some

I am not able to get any response from the tuner at all whatever I do. So I suppose this one is really dead. The old saying seems to be correct; you win some you lose some. :eek:

Well at least it was all my own fault, no one else to blame. But I'm not feeling too sad about it because I'm expecting a Strong 8100 that I bought on an auction delivered today. The old Strong 8000 was just for testing. Now I have learned to follow the advice of the experts.

Thanks to you iomeali for always being willing to help whatever silly questions and problems I have. This site would have been much less interesting without people like you. :thum: