humax hdci 2000 help

gert

Registered
i have just purchased a huax HDCI 2000 as a replacement for my old faithfull hummy 5400 .can you tell me what is the best card/cam combo to buy at the moment, and is there anything that can be used to get my old matrix reloaded cam to work whilst i set up the new receiver and until my new cam arrives

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately what can be opened on old matrix reloaded is close to nothing, I am not sure it is worth to bother. As for new thing to get. I don't want to advertise anything but recently cam that has best support is diablo cam. Next in line would be t-rex super module. I wouldn't suggest you to buy any card since their support doesn't seem to last more then few months. You can't tell how long some cam will be supported either but it should be longer then a card.

Argo

Registered
i have just purchased a huax HDCI 2000 as a replacement for my old faithfull hummy 5400 .can you tell me what is the best card/cam combo to buy at the moment, and is there anything that can be used to get my old matrix reloaded cam to work whilst i set up the new receiver and until my new cam arrives
I'm sure you would have discovered this by now ;)

but all the Matrix series CAMs are incompatible with the HDCI-2000 :(

Quite an annoying discovery as all my old Matrix CAMs worked fine on my old Technomate.

Argo

Registered
Humax HDCI-2000 optical digital out problem?

Had my Humax for a while but have just realized output via digital audio is quite different to analogue out (as via component out).

Output via the analogue RCA jacks provides what I'd call a good Dolby Digital sound field.

However, when switching to optical digital the sound is quite different and sounds distinctly flat :confused:

The Sony DTS amp is fine with everything else so it's not that.

Anyone know if this might be a firmware glitch (I'm on V11) or if it's likely to be a duff receiver ?