Arriva 200 *** Working cards

Janro

Registered
I have a Ferguson Ariva 200 receiver just to be able to watch "Free to air channels". it also works with a legal Canal digital card and their scrambled channels in SD and HD
Viasat on the other hand transmits Satellite channels coded i *** Videoguard in Scaninavia, (perhapes also in other contries.)

The problem with *** Videoguard is that the card gets married with the receiver so the card doesn't work with others recievers.

I you have a receiver approved by Viasat you will get up a number on the screen when you insert the card. By calling Viasat on the telephone an tap in your customer number, cardnumber and the receiver number on the screen, you can marrige the card with the actual receiver. After that the card will not work wiht the other receiver until you make a new telephone call.

One day I inserted my legal Viasatcard, which was married to my old Nokia in the Arriva internal card reader.

It took about 5 second and I har a clear view. I moved the card to my Nokia and the card still worked there too.

So instead of not be able to watch Viast channels in the Arriva 200 because it isn't approved by Viasat. I can now move the card between my recieves without calling Viasat every time.

Remark. 1
I have a subcription for the Viasat HD channels, but it is not possible unscarmble them with Arriva 200.

Remark 2
This was working with Software V1.06B2 2010-05-20
With newer Version of firmvare for Arriva 200 it doesn't work

Remark 3
After the reciever has been turned off, I sometimes have to take the card out and put it back again. I is also necessary if I swap to a Viasat channel without no subsciption.

Remark 4
If I change channel, it always takes about 5 seconds and I see the message "Scambled" before the picture gets clear.