Vu + Solo to replace my DM800 clone SS72

fced

Registered
Hello
I live in Morocco, and i have an dm800 clone supporting ss72...
Yesterday, i have see an VU SOLO 280 euros env...
Would it be an better choice than my old dm800 SS72 ?
Is nabilosat Blackhole 12 working on it ?
Can someone tell me if csat Fr epg for 7 days is working ?

Any help please ?

Ps : i have seen an azbox for same price ... dont know wich model...

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i got rid of my clone 800 with the same bootlaoder as yours and got a vu+duo its an awesome receiver i should imagine the solo is the same you wont look back mate, no more bootloader problems etc!

Virtual_dj

Registered
hello, the vu+ is a great decoder, you can use img as those created by the team Black Hole... (vuplus community)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

The VU solo is a better choice than a 800 clone but you'll find its not as well support as its big brother the DUO.

The VTI image is good as mention but the Blackhole image once configured correctly works very well.

There is a backup Blackhole image here for the solo to get you up and running quickly should you decide to buy one.

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=197005

Ferret

fced

Registered
Good news,
i haven't seen vu+duo here, i will wait a little, and see...
I have read, vu + read avi files in native mode, (without an pc + vlc running)

DirtyDonki

Registered
It looks ugly to me but looking under the hood I see much to get excited about. This may well be my next toy AND soon. :)

sakisdvb

Registered
VU+ Solo is a great HD receiver.
The support is excellent from manufacturer with new driver and images almost every 10-15 days.

-There is an issue with processor Mhz.
Company claims 330Mhz but when you
see receiver system info is 220Mhz.
Manufacturer reports this " as Drivers issue ",
but so far no new drivers fix this. ! ? ! ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Should also consider the ET5000 all it needs is a little more image support those specs are good.

Pheonix

Registered
Hi mate

The VU solo is a better choice than a 800 clone but you'll find its not as well support as its big brother the DUO.

The VTI image is good as mention but the Blackhole image once configured correctly works very well.

There is a backup Blackhole image here for the solo to get you up and running quickly should you decide to buy one.

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=197005

Ferret

all the Vu+ receiver range are fully supported by the VIX team, including the Vu+Uno ( which i am currently using )

Should also consider the ET5000 all it needs is a little more image support those specs are good.

as with the Vu+ range both the ET9000 and ET5000 have the full support of the VIX team amongst others.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
all the Vu+ receiver range are fully supported by the VIX team, including the Vu+Uno ( which i am currently using )

as with the Vu+ range both the ET9000 and ET5000 have the full support of the VIX team amongst others.

Fully aware of the support provided mate thanks, however i have personal opinion and recommend what i feel is the best at the time of posting which was a while ago with regard to the VU post.

To my knowledge there is no public image by the VIX team for the 5000 yet, im sure the pli image is been rapidly transformed for it though .

DirtyDonki

Registered
Thanks to threads like this one I went out and bought a VU+ Solo but promised myself I'd wait a month before bunging my 800 clone on fleebay. I am so glad I did. :clapping:

I am back to my trusty clone & the *&6%$%£ solo has gone to a new home. :thum:

Even bearing in mind the annoying remote control "features" of the 800, the Solo is still a joke in comparrison.:eek:

Like the previous poster stated, the above is my opinion alone. Others may find that the VU+ is not a pile of junk. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to threads like this one I went out and bought a VU+ Solo but promised myself I'd wait a month before bunging my 800 clone on fleebay. I am so glad I did. :clapping:

I am back to my trusty clone & the *&6%$%£ solo has gone to a new home. :thum:

Even bearing in mind the annoying remote control "features" of the 800, the Solo is still a joke in comparrison.:eek:

Like the previous poster stated, the above is my opinion alone. Others may find that the VU+ is not a pile of junk. :rolleyes:

Would be useful if you listed the problems you had with the solo and why you feel your 800 was superior. Other member could then benefit from your experiences.

fced

Registered
Yesterday the graphic component of my my dm800 ss72 (clone) is dead (my tv became green with destroyed image / pixels) ...
it was my 3rd dreambox clone (1st ss69 clone was taking 1hour to boot - i changed it - 2nd ss69 also was having remote problems... remote control work only if you are in front of the box - 3rd an ss72 model is dead yesterday)

So i gone this time for a vu+ solo (i don't have too much choice on the market here - there is only dm500, dm500hd, dm800 all clones)...

No remote control problems, no TV display bug (sometimes i need to switch "source" on my tv because screen gone black - i created a post about it)... everything is working for now... For overheat i will wait and see... but for now it's ok ...

For me a Vu + solo wich is functioning correctly is better than DM800 clone wich have lot of problems...

fced

Registered
the graphic component of my dm800 work again, i have cleaned it a bit(i found packet of dust inside), and i removed the hdd... and now it seem ok...
-I can talk more about VU+Solo now :
- i think image quality is a bit lower than the dm800...
- Another problem is no possibility to put hdd inside...
- problem with multiboot...
Mine have a problem with multiboot, it recognize the usb disk or stick, but after reboot meoboot doesn't see the images in my usb stick... Same problem with barryallen, after reboot plugin disappear, and BA folder seem not linked with media/usb...
Except this, this box is very stable... and work well..

fobo

Registered

After trying an CT-Xtrend ET box I am thinking like you. Good support is lacking and bugs and problems keep coming. Also settings and plugins is weak. My next box would certainly be a Dreambox, original this time.

fobo

Registered
After trying an CT-Xtrend ET box I am thinking like you. Good support is lacking and bugs and problems keep coming. Also settings and plugins is weak. My next box would certainly be a Dreambox, original this time.

I don't agree with this anymore as I fixed many things through the offical support forum and judging by the price 100E less then DM500HD and better HW-features I think I did the right thing going for ET5000.