Here's a preview of a part of what I am doing...

gorski

Registered
Enigma 2 for AZbox HD Guide by gorski

(...)

1) Let's get down to it: IN MEDIAS (ST)RES!!!

Preparation

I’ll presume you have the official Opensat/Celrun FW in your AZBox HD and you want to install E2.

A) For each of my networked devices I reserve an IP address in my router. So, for your AZbug HD one should have something like: 192.168.x.x. This could be in router's --> Setup --> Network Settings --> Add DHCP Reservation --> DHCP Reservation List --> this should give you the address to work with. Write it down, just in case.

B) Download the latest E2 package and unpack it on your PC [right click --> 7-zip --> Extract here].

C) Install the latest AZUp programme to your PC [usually it’s included in the package].

D) Format a USB memory stick [FAT32] and copy the E2 patch.bin file on it - nothing else!

E) In case you want to go back to original FW, use FileZilla Client to drag & drop DISK2 & PLUGINS folders from AZbug HD to your PC. We call that the "BACK UP"... All your "precious" data will be saved: channel list and so on in DISK2 and all the "plug-ins", so restoring it all back to full functionality, as good or bad as it is with "original FW" will be a breeze!

For more details, regarding which files exactly to save, see my “Alternative Guide to AZbox HD”.

Put your AZ HD to Standby and switch it off at the back [the black power button].

Let’s put the E2 into AZbox HD!

1) Put the USB stick into AZbox HD and switch on your AZbox HD at the back.

2) Start the usual procedure as if it’s for official FW update.

upgrade_400.jpg

3) First, the new Linux kernel will be programmed in. At the end of it, AZbox HD will reboot.

3a) Leave the USB Stick in AZ.

3b) Your AZbox HD display will show its IP address.

4) Start the AZUp and put the IP address in AZUp’s box with red numbers.

attachment.php

4a) Click on Update.

4b) One might have to reboot AZbox HD and restart AZUp, if it fails the first time.

4c) When AZUp starts the procedure successfully it will go on for quite a while, as it will be slow but thorough, while creating 3 partitions on the AZbox HD “hard disk” called “DOM” etc. etc.

5) When it is finished, there will be a little pop-up window with the message “Remove the USB memory stick and wait for reboot”. Click on OK and better hurry up to the AZ, to get the USB stick out, because it will reboot, as you will see on the AZ display, even if you do not remove it.

That should do it. E2 should start booting and you should see numbers increasing, all the way to 100 [%]. The fun [and frustrations – for now, until they sort it out properly] starts then…

However, sometimes there may be a glitch somewhere and you may have to be a bit patient, if “Geeko :p” message appears on the display, while you are waiting to see the rising numbers and “Ready…” message…

Don’t lose your nerve if it isn’t showing the "100" display status [= E2 booted successfully”] immediately. Sometimes it may take a little while but it will get there. At least most of the time!

2) Sort your Settings out!

Once you see 100 on the display, press the MENU button [to the left of the OK button] on your remote --> sort out the settings, as per your needs, by going to Setup. There are quite a few to go through, including turning ON the „Multiple Bouquets“ option for your channel list...

attachment.php

...etc. etc. etc.......

gorski

Registered
I am not at home, so can't help with details...:cool:

Telesat thinks he can write....:rolleyes: in words, even... :D So, have a look at his instructions...

gorski

Registered
A, there is a JaZUP 1.2 for that now... Have a look in this very section, there is a thread... ;)

Good luck!

gorski

Registered
I can't leave you depending on telesat for "how to"... :D

Installation: from original FW to E2 in AZ HD

You already have:
-FileZilla FTP proggy,
-7-Zip or WinRAR to decompress files,
-Notepad++ to edit various files,
-PuTTy telnet proggy, if necessary [64b version is here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html]

On your marks...

Download the latest:
-E2 image file [included is AZUp 2.0.2, with an illiterate, badly "informative" and almost unreadable "Readme", which is, "all over the floor", in a typical Balkanic rhapsodic manner...]
-Daconi or Grle or some such channels list
-DB Edit or DreamSet proggy - to put the channels list in AZ HD E2

Ready...

If you're going to use AZUp 2.02, then first install some other telest proggy, for instance ACC 1.1 - so that AZUp 2.0.2 can function [otherwise it might not, as some files might be missing and he didn't include them etc.]. You can use it to make the "backup" - if you have an original FW in your AZbug, like me - it preserves your essential files in DISK2 and PLUGIN folders.

If not, just start JazUp 2 - it can also do the "backup", find the AZ IP address, if your HOME -> Settings -> Network Service -> Telnet Server -> is "Enabled". Otherwise, you can't connect with AZ and those 2 proggies won't be able to function! So, be careful with the procedure!

Now, then: if you are armed with plenty of patience, let's test... I presume your AZ HD is connected to your home network and likewise with the net, through your [W]LANom...

GO...

1) AZ is switched on but before you start get all the USB devices, CI CAMs, smartcards, HDDs out!

2) Start AZUp 2.0.2. Maybe it is better/wiser to do this using JazUp 2, which I will use and describe... If you know your AZ IP address, write it into the appropriate boxes or simply let JazUp find it [press the "AZbox IP find" button -> "Search"]... Don't forget to actually write it down after that!

jazup2.png

attachment.php

3) If you're gonna install E2 into AZbug HD, then choose DOM and click on Update E2.

4) Choose patch.e2 image file = E2 operating system for your AZ. Then, JazUp check your kernel, uninstalls Priority Manager, if you have it [like I did], it stops HW Acceleration and thereby contributes to the overall security of the flashing process!!! Here's the log:

JaZUp! is connected to your AZbox IP: 192.168.x.x
Your AZbox kernel is official
Your AZbox is in normal mode
Checking if Priority Manager is installed...
FTP sending data Priority Manager...
FTP Transfer Ok!
Uninstalling Priority Manager... Please wait, this operation can take time!
Priority Manager uninstalled
Your AZbox CPU mode is normal
Rebooting...
JaZUp! is disconnected from your AZBOX
You can read Log here ->D:\SAT TV\AZbug HD\E2_Neutrino\Alati\JazUp\Jazup_2.0_by_Hectore_and_Pr2\log\
5) Sometimes it gets stuck with rebooting the machine, at this point. I do it manually, by pressing the remote's "Power" button for about 4-5 secs -> "REBOOTING..."

5a) After "reboot click on "Update E2" again and choose "patch.e2" file -> Open. JazUp re-checks if all is OK and kills all the processes and then starts with programming of the kernel into AZ HD's DOM...

6) "Rebooting" occurs again, then you see the IP address on the AZ HD display/VFD. Now you are in "rescue mode" and you will see similar message in JazUp, to press the "Update E2" button again, having to choose the "pacth.e2" once again. Then, one can read in JazUp that it is "sending kernel", which one, that it's creating and formatting partitions, sending FW, making a SWAP file, "mounts" E2 etc.

7) When finished it will disconnect from AZ and AZ's display will state "VFD ready". Now the numbers keep growing... meaning that E2 is booting... Suddenly, you see a new logo, the pretty new Tux [penguin, Linux open source operating system's mascot], followed by a "wizard"/helper guiding you to set your box up, using the Elite model's remote control unit [RCU], not the "Dreambox" one, thank fook! ;)

-choose how you connect your AZ with TV/A-V receiver -> HDMI in my case

-Video mode selection is the first noted bug - it's flickering a lot, so one can barely see which of the options is highlighted - 1080 for me but with a lot of difficulty, as I finally see a blueish indicator...

-23 - 60 Hz refresh rate, if I'm not mistaken... 60 for me, of course, hehe...

[The image will be lost for a sec or so, until the settings "takes" - don't worry, be patient!]

-Screen configuration is next -> Yes, then -> Brightness -> Contrast...

-language -> I leave it on English but many options are present... ;)

Finally, we get a "welcome" message with a warning that the "wizard" will now help you set your AZ's basic features up... -> OK, naturally.

-Use wizard to set up basic features -> Tuner A -> I use "advanced" -> 16 LNBs using DiSEqC 1.1 protocol and 16in1 switch, whereby I only change the following parameters, of all the offered ones
LNB [1 -> 16]
DiSEqC mode [1.1 in my case]
Fast DiSEqC [yes]
Command order [uncommitted, committed, toneburst]
Uncommitted DiSEqC command [Input 1 -> 16, the same as LNB above].

After that, I return back to the top of the list of options and choose the next satellite position and keep doing it...

When finished -> I go up to the satellite and press the OK button on your remote, in order to save the changes...

-After that the pretty Tux wizard asks me if I want to install a basic/default satellite channel list -> I said "No, thanx, I have Daconi's and grle's, hehe..." ;)

-"No, scan later manually".

-Parental control -> No...

Now they gave the game away, as it were, hehe: "Dreambox" name appears for the first time, on your TV screen...

Wizard helps you now to connect to the internet... => OK => DHCP for me => OK.

Now, "channel selection" appears. I shove a list using an editor [which I get from here: http://www.dreamset-editor.com/]...

Start the "DreamSet 2.34" [for 64b OS, in my case] -> Open -> I choose "Enigma2 files" in the drop-down menu -> Daconi motor -> lamedb -> Open -> here, I go to "Setup" and I edit the IP address, password, choose E2 ver. 4, "passive ftp" => Save, then test the configuration [sometimes one gets an "Error" message, usually around lamedb file]; then send the list to AZ using the => Transfer button...

If a proggy won't work: the setup of, for instance, DB Edit is the problem. One must do the following before clicking the "SAVE" button:

acrean1_Options.jpg

When that is sorted, we go to => MENU button of our remote [left from the OK button] => Main menu => Setup => System => A/V settings etc. - as needed...

MAIN MENU => SETUP => SW MANAGEMENT => ADVANCED OPTIONS => PACKET MANAGEMENT is the most interesting part of the menu... The "buried treasure" is here!!! ;)

For instance, I got the "MountManager" there and then I managed to "mount" [make it see and work with] my NFS shares, from my NAS. I failed with CIFS shares, even though I added the CIFS module from the same place...

At this point I went to bed, around 5.30 AM.:eek: What an idiot.:D The things I do for the hobby... :clapping:

Tomorrow I will try the CS part etc.

I will write later about the shortcomings of this E2 RC7, also...

Now, we definitely need the embedded card reader sorted...

Twin function is coming later, for P+...

Cheers! :thum:

gorski

Registered
Just to add, since I can't edit the messages, after a brief time after posting them:

1) The first message in the thread should read "use JaZUp 1.3 for any RC until RC4, which, incidentally, is the best so far, for most functions, including the internal reader working...

2) For RC 5 and onwards, since the introduction of a different format [patch.e2], use JaZUp 2.0 and latter...

Similar functions but...;)