English channels in the Middle East?

will042

Registered
Are there any English channels I can pickup using my Dreambox in the Middle East? If so, which satellites and what configuration should I load my DB with? Thanks in advance. You guys rock.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Well if you have motor you are fine with any rotor settings you load. I think pet has best settings although they haven't been updated in a while, since pet123 was on holiday, there should be new update soon.
As for English channels, for that you would have to do some investigation. I suggest you visit lyngsat. You can find it in our quick links bar. You can find footprints for every satellite there and see if you can catch a signal in Middle East.

will042

Registered
follow on question

Thanks for the reply Rock! I'm not sure what you mean by Pet and who Pet123 is. Does he create and update satellite/channel lists? Can he be found on this site?

I did find a couple of English networks. One called Sky Digital which uses a videoguard encryption and the other called Orbit which uses mediaguard 2 encryption. I'm a newbie and not sure if any of the DB emulators support these. Thanks again.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately very little is available with emulators these days. Sky Digital and Orbit certainly are not.
By pet settings I meant this:
http://www.sat-universe.com/forum34/26-latest-pet-settings.html

but I guess any of the settings in that forum should be fine. I haven't really tried others, I loaded pet settings once and they seemed good. I prefer scanning everything myself and putting together bouquets they way it suits me.

will042

Registered
another follow up

Being a newbie, please correct me if I'm wrong. The image is the operating system of the receiver. The settings contains the satellite, transponder, and channel information. The emulation is an add on decryption program which doesn't require a key. The CAM is the same but requires a key. Is there a chart which references the emulation/CAM to the encryption? Are the keys automatically downloaded or do you have to enter them manually?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Thats mostly correct except that cam and emulator are the same thing. At least in the case of dreambox when emulator is referred as cam, it requires keys in any case. Depending on an image, they can be downloaded from menu or you have to load them with some ftp tool which is always the best option since keys are updated faster on boards like this rather then on the server of image team.
As to encryptions, most emulators support same encryptions, at least as to emulating them. Whatever is "hacked" it is supported on dreambox cams. They differ in encryptions supported as to card reading for official cards.

olijack

Registered
As a starting point for you in your search Nilesat at 7w has some good english language programming free to air which means you wouldn't need an emu for them.

MBC1 = Mostly arabic but some english language in between

MBC2 = 24 Hours Movies English langauage with arabic subtitling

MBC3 = Childrens Programming Mostly english language with arabic subtitling but with some Arabic language

MBC4 = Mostly american english language programming with arabic subtitling

Dubai One = Mostly american english language programming with arabic subtitling and 3 movies every evening

City TV = General entertainment with news (Dubai focus) Kids and comedy all in English with Arabic Subtitling

Space Toon English = Kids programming in both English with arabic subtitles and some arabic

Kuwait Channel 2 = Not 100% sure on programming but many english

BBC World = World News all in english language with other news focused programming.

Hope this is a good start for you. I believe that many of these are also available on Arabsat 26e and should all be easily receivable from anywhere in the middle east based on the footprint.

Are there any English channels I can pickup using my Dreambox in the Middle East? If so, which satellites and what configuration should I load my DB with? Thanks in advance. You guys rock.

cekari

Registered
I just buy DM500, and I want to know how to get showtime channel in Nilesat with DM500, anyone have info about this?

islamy

Registered
Hi

I've just got dreambox 500 and I was interested to know more about the cardshare howto... Thanks

pfornal

Registered
Kuwait TV guide

Please, where could I find the TV guide - KTV 1, 2 a 3 (KuwaitTV). Thank you for answer.

Last edited: