Adding 28.5E to setup

Palinkat

Registered
Hi All,

My setup is 2 fixed dishes, 1 pointing to 28.2E and the other to 19.2E. I have 2 diseq switches, 2 feeds from each dish with 2 outputs coming out of the switches into the box. In the tuner configuration, I have both tuner set to diseq A/B with 28.2E and19.2E. All working great.
Now I would like to add 28.5E to the setup. How to I go about doing it?

Thanks for the help.

Pt

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You just need a satellite.xml which carries the 28.5 position.

Or a way to cheat would be to add the 28.5 frequencies to the satellite xml frequencies for 28.2 and scan them in under 28.2 .

Ferret

dfdreM

Registered
Sorry I wrote before I typed.
Didnt see you already had diseqc a/b configured.
The only way is as described above.
D

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys,

I thought about that too so tried http://satellites-xml.eu/ but there is no Option to select 28.5E. Where can I get the frequencies for that one? Tried Kingosat but it gives an ini file.

Cheers

Pt

You need to find out all the 28.5 frequencies and add them to the satellite.xml you already have manually under the 28.2 e heading.

You can do the editing with word-pad.

I suspect the frequencies or most of them will be covered anyway.

Ferret

Palinkat

Registered
Cheers,

I imported all the channels on 28.5E from Kingofsat into my db using Dreamset. It doesn't however update the satellites.xml with the new frequencies, although I am not sure it should.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
these are from my 800,just copy and paste them over your files for 28.5 in your satellite xml file, make sure you have 28.2 set up in your tunner, if you dont add it, then restart enigma or you wont see it in the positioner setup.

Palinkat

Registered
Thanks Lads,

So I added Brummie's frequencies to the satellites.xml, in the 28.2E section and also in the 28.5E.
I then changed my tunner setup to diseq A/B/C/D, with A on 19.2E, B on 28.2E and C on 28.5E.
I can see the 28.5E chanels in my bouquet, they used to be greyed out but if I select one (e.g Setanta Ireland), I get no signal.
I then went back to the tuner setup and changed back to A/B with 19.2E and 28.5E (just to see if I can pick up the signal, surely I used to before). Of course it worked fine.
So I am back to the original problem, how do I fit this in my setup which already has an A/B diseq switch for 2 dishes.
I am thinking I need to get a 4 way diseq switch and just get a third feed from the 28.2E dish, which will be used for 28.5E as I can't trick it so far any other way.

Cheers

Pt

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

You only have 2 lnb so you need to leave your setup as it was before.

Buy adding the 28.5 frequencies to the 28.2 section in the sat.xml then all you need to do is rescan 28.2. Everything will then appear in the 28.2 listings.

Ferret

Palinkat

Registered
Right so, I did all that yesterday and it somewhat worked. I have all the 28.5E channels now scanned under 28.2E. ITV1HD finally works!
For Setanta, I do get a valid SR but no picture or audio so I am thinking I might need to change some settings in Dreamset for those 2 channels. Ferret, Brummie, any chance you could post a shot of the settings you use for Setanta and Setanta1?

Cheers

PT

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Here mate

Eurobird 1 (28.5E) - 11488.00 V - Txp: D2S - Beam: Steerable 1 DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 2/3 (34.2 Mbps) - NID:2 - TID:2402

Palinkat

Registered
Thanks Ferret,

That's the settings I have but still no luck with picture or audio.
Kind of giving up on those at this stage. They were working OK when I had them on 28.5E but not on 28.2E for some reasons.

Ta.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Just double checked then frequency mate its correct.

Try scanning the single TP

Menu-setup-service searching-manual scan.

Choose single transponder and scroll and manually fill in all the channel details then press OK.

Should find it.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe this is not a setup issue then mate if you have signal.

Do you get a epg on the channel?

Maybe you can not clear the channel as you have no rights to it.

Ferret

Palinkat

Registered
I get the EPG Alright. I was able to clear it when it was setup under 28.5E in sat.xml so losing my marbles here.
Anyway, no worries, I'll figure it out eventually...

Thanks for the time.

Pt