Corrupted recordings using BH 1.1

Palinkat

Registered
Hi All,

I am having issues with corrupted recordings on BH 1.1.
If I schedule recordings or do Live recordings, the files will be recorded correctly, full size etc... If I try to play them back, they stop after about 2 minutes. Timeshift is also affected by this issue.
I thought this was a problem with my HDD (quite old), I reinitialized it a couple of times with no luck.
Yestarday I connected a 16gb USB stick at the front, modified my recordind paths and recording some programs.
Same issue here as well, when I play them back, they stop after about 2 minutes. Sometimes I can skip past 2 mins using x16 but then it will then again stop after 2 mins.
I have tried with Media Player Deluxe as well and same problem.

Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure what your problem is mate.

I recorded the boxing over the weekend played it back yesterday with no problem on the same image.

Have you tried another image? Just to confirm were the problem lies?

Ferret

Palinkat

Registered
Thanks Mate,

Not tried another image yet, might go back to 1.0. Will do some more tests tonight on 1.1. Want to try FTA vs encrypted channels as well. I'll stick in another internal HDD as well, have a new one. Also will check the recordings on the stick play on a PC.

Palinkat

Registered
Went back to 1.0M to do some more testing.
Just something else I found while testing recordings. If I try to record Euronews on 28.2E, I always get a 0 byte file, on 1.1 and 1.0M as well. I tried other FTA chanels and they record OK.

Ferret, can you successfully record Euronews?

Ta.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Odd that mate, ill give that a go when the wife finished watching the TV.

One thing did you try record form EPG or manual recording? If it was manually then very weird to have no bytes if it was off the EPg then maybe a glitch. Ill try in a bit.

You did have BH 1.1 in the flash didnt you?

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Went back to 1.0M to do some more testing.
Just something else I found while testing recordings. If I try to record Euronews on 28.2E, I always get a 0 byte file, on 1.1 and 1.0M as well. I tried other FTA chanels and they record OK.

Ferret, can you successfully record Euronews?

Ta.

Your right mate, just tried Euro new from EPG and manual and 0 bytes file :eek:

Ill flash another image tomorrow and see if Euronews records on it.

Ferret

Bacardi

Registered
I just gave it a try and it did not work for me, with regard to your recording probs i would reflash the image again. I have not had any problem with my recordings, just playback from media player for other types of films on BH. Whilst these films will play on pli

Last edited:

Palinkat

Registered
Thanks a lot lads for your feedback.
It was down to my old HDD, put in a 1 TB sammy (5400 RPMs) last night and all is good now.
HDD doesn't exceed 32C, used to be over 40 with my old 7200 RPMs.
Pfew!!

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,

I tried to record euronews on mine with VTI 07 and its the same as you 0 bytes.

So it looks like its not just BH 1.1 :(