Installation Info

mouleetfrite

Registered
Is there an installation tutorial that covers the 500hd with the Diseqc 1.2 H-H as I'm having trouble getting it to scan I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
make sure you set up the tunner to advanced first with all the sats you want to view.

will you be using usals or not....???

if none usals do it like this
28.2 east
lnb1
disqec 1.2
use usals =no
scroll down and save position
press ok
press ok again back to the tunner menu
change the satellite to
19 east
lnb and disqec should still be the same
use usals no
scroll down again
save position 002

repeat this procedure for all the sats you want to view in the tunner config before you try to scan any in.

mouleetfrite

Registered
Thanks Brummie I do appreciate your help and Info for usals would also be a help as this box is so different from my old technomate. however I have had no probs setting up the networking:)

mouleetfrite

Registered
I have added sats as required but when I have tried to scan all I get is the flashing dish but no scan.
I have checked LNB etc on old box and it all works OK Do I need any additional software - I have added release 2.7.1 nfi but still the problem is there... any suggestions please

johngav

Registered
re

Once you have done what Brummie said go to

menu/setup/service searching/positioner setup

press red on remote to tune

tune=manual transponder

sat=sat you want to tune

left/right buttons on remote to alter

sys=dvb-s or you choose (hd is different)

frequency/symbol rate etc=you choose

press ok on remote to take you back on positioner setup screen

tune east or west to get best signal

positioner storage No needs to match No you set for that
particular satellite in tuner cofiguration

scroll to storage position once strogest signal is obtained & press green to save

repeat the above for each satellite

hope this helps, worked for me setting v-box up

mouleetfrite

Registered
Thanks to you all but it still does not see the satellite chosen and I am beginning to think there may be a problem with the box since swapping back to my old technomate all is working.
I have also tried USALS with the correct Lat & Long using just two sats thor & freesat still no joy, I would add that the box does move the dishK....frustration.... any other ideas other that a hammer :)

mouleetfrite

Registered
Thanks to all

I have just shaken off the flu and the box is now working but on scanning 28.2 I cannot see the freesat stuff I get 195 channels and no more have I missed something?. The box is great but I do wish the manual was written in the same vein there are so many facets to getting the best out of it.

mouleetfrite

Registered
DM500HD Update

I have now ascertained the problem I have been experiencing and the answer is that this DM500HD appears to have a compatibility problem with my Technomate Diseqc 1.2 motor, it will find the satellite but will not scan the services but when I lock the dish on say Thor, take the motor out of line it scans Thor no problem.

I have made contact with Dreambox in Germany and am still awaiting their response. I would have thought that prior to releasing any new product onto the market testing must have been done.

For the benefit of others I will publish their response on here when I get it.