how to install mgcamd

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you can find a mipsel specific file for the image you are using then simply ftp it to the tmp folder and then install via telnet or in the case of the VTI image use the addons panel and manual install.

I think you did not receiver a answer as you state a Mbox image. I have never heard of such image.

If you need a answer to a question include as much detail of your setup as you can because at the moment things are done differently across the images.

Ferret

alpa

Registered
I also ordered vu+duo (hopefuly will arive for the weekend), I read somewhere that there are issues with mgcamd runnign on this box.
Can anyone who tried confirm or deny this please.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ive seen some mention of freezing issues with Mgcamd on the PLI which i think may have been cleared up on later builds.

For information Mgcamd is available to download form the plugins menu on the PLI image and HD freaks image.

Press Menu-Plugins-download plugins and then select camd and choose the mgcamd install from there.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Now i see mate.

That image is for a 8000 not the VU.

The image is based on the original VU image. Never tried that image sorry

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes that is possible however i really do not see the point of running a ported Original VU image for a DM8000 in multiboot on the 800.

If you are just seeing what the VU images are like before buying one then i understand but the Original image of a VU is not really a good example.

If you have a Nabilo or Dream Elite image running on your 800 then the Dream Elite VU image is not far of that level.

Ferret

alias1

Registered
Ive seen some mention of freezing issues with Mgcamd on the PLI which i think may have been cleared up on later builds.

For information Mgcamd is available to download form the plugins menu on the PLI image and HD freaks image.

Press Menu-Plugins-download plugins and then select camd and choose the mgcamd install from there.

Ferret
Never had a problem with mgcamd on PLi images

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Neither do i mate, those that do well i think its down to the mgcamd config they use .