For all owners of Octagon 918 HD

Minicat

Registered
The manufacturer of the Octagon 918 is sold to Philips in the past. Since them, the support is really bad.

So, Octagon start a big action for you

If you own a 918 HD you can get a 1008 or 1018 for a very small price from now!

This action going up to 30 April 2010. After this date, Octagon only will make garantie relevanted changes, but no more other support for 918

Info in attached file are german/english/turkish

k@lkov

Super VIP
How i read around here is the price for that:

SF 918HD + 275€ = Octagon 1018.
SF 918HD + 95€ = Octagon 1008.

:eek:

Minicat

Registered
Yes, this price is correct. I only give you the information I got today from octagon

boxspanner2002

Registered
i think octagon sf918hd trade offer is disgraceful....

octagon has never listened to users issues in the past, now they try to save face by offering trade in to 1008hd

im my opinion this should be free to past users
of 918hd, and maybe a small price, to trade up
to a 1018hd..

Minicat

Registered
You can think, whatever you want. All I give is the original announcement from octagon germany to you!

The following infos are from me, nothing official:
The manufacturer for the 918 is sold to Philips
From this moment the support for the 918 ws really bad
Octagon is only a inporter and reseller, the are not the manufacurer of the products
From now, the are stop with support for all STBs. In the future only 1008 and 1018 becomes support.

You this choices:
1.) You do nothing, live with you 918 as it is
2.) You take the offer and got support for the future
3.) Take the offer (1008 for less than 100 Euro, 1018 for less than 300)... put the cots for sendig the 918 back to the cost for the STB and put them to eBay. You will more money as you have paid. For the future you don't have any trouble with Octagon and for now, you have good win! In 2 or 3 months the price for a new STB is the same and then it is to late