Motor setup

pippatron

Registered
I Have now had my dm8000 for around two weeks and i am very impressed, All seems pretty straight forward. Everything setup and working fine, but i cannot for the life of me get it to move my 1.2m channel master dish correctly.
My positioner is clarktech 36v vbox diseq positioner running a linn 36v silent motor arm and a channel master 1.2m dish.
I have used this motorised set up for many years without so much as a single problem using echostar, arion, spiderbox, ipbox e2, But i seem to be tearing my hair out trying to get it to work correctly wit my new dreambox and aparantly after trawling the web i am not the only one. I am pretty shure all is configured correctly in tuner set up all the stored positions correspond ie tuner set up/positioner/and positioner set up.

My dish moves flawlesley through the sats using the go to function in the positioner set up menu but once i exit from that menu and try to to change sat using channel selection thats when the problems start either my positioner shuts down or it moves my dish to an unknown position or occaisionally it will go to the correct sat.

I have tried 6 or 7 images currently dream elite in the flash and numerous chanel database/xml files all with the same result.
I have a friend with a similar set up and exactly the same problem is this a known issue with the dreambox 8000.
Any help or input would be apreciated.
ps, i used this set up with my abcom 9000ip box and it moved my dish correctly and i cnly changed to to the dreambox to use cccam. regards Pippatron.

pippatron

Registered
Thanks for the reply
My setup is exactly as discribed in the link. As i posted.
My dish moves flawlesley through the sats using the go to function in the positioner set up menu but once i exit from that menu and try to to change sat using channel selection thats when the problems start either my positioner shuts down or it moves my dish to an unknown position or occaisionally it will go to the correct sat.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try using the increased voltage option mate. Other thing is the stored position number on the 8000 must match the position number in your vbox.

When i set my vbox up for the first time i used another receiver turn of usuals on it selected a channel say the far left of my arc 45e then i used the vbox to inch the dish till i clear a picture then i saved that at position 1 in the vbox then i went to 42e saved that at position 2 and so on.

Then turn on the 8000 and enter the position numbers from the vbox to match the sat positions.

Ferret

Gerry55

Registered
pippatron
The pdf file is for a 800 for the 8000 set the lnb priority to 1 or 2 depending an the tuner that your moving dish is connected to.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Correct but all he needs to do is configure as i pointed out on tuner A with the parameters in the PDF file.

Ferret

pippatron

Registered
Big rhanks to all who had input, I eventualy worked it out, The dm8000 does not like the clark tech GBOX V4000. I put my old superjacck 36v diseq positioner on and all works perfectly. Pippatron.