Cards working in VU+ cardreader.....

vasconi

Registered
I see this receiver has 2 x smartcard reader (Conax Embedded)
Well, if it is Conax embedded,does other cards work?
I know it will work with an Emu,but what about the integrity of the cards?I mean not burning the card.
I think it could be useful that users to post their working cards in VU+ here,specifying the system(NDS2,Via etc) and then someone to make a list,and maybe make it sticky,because I know that someone who wants to buy a new receiver,the first thing that will search for,is to read their cards.
For example I can't find anything regarding of a working Sky IT NDS3 in VU+.....
Thanks!

vasconi

Registered
Ok,tested myself and confirm working Sly IT 093B,does not need ID,Dolce 092F,needs ID,TVR 05025900

satmanbasil

Registered
Re cards that work

Hi mates

Does anyone have a tring card working in the duo i understand its conax based and seeing the card reader take conax ok i hope this will

regards
satmanbasil

vasconi

Registered
OK,the VU+ Duo has two cardreaders.
The upper one is conax embed but it will read any with the help of an emu.
The lower one is an Xcrypt,the number one in the world,preferred by all the companies that produce quality receivers and this one is compatible with all the card systems.
So don't worry guys.You can grab it, because it will work with any card.
Long live the KING!

davefarmborough

Registered
New white free2view card

Do I need to pair this card with a sly box? I want to use it for the FTA channels and if possible for 4 and 5 hd.

Is this possible?
What is the best image to start for this?
What setup are people using?

I have much Linux experience and have been playing with newcs v1.67 RC1 and CCcam 2.1.4

Running newcs only with modified config I get the message "Free To Air Ecm time: 0.000" in the info line. This vanishes when I also run CCcam.

Running CCcam -d gives lots of "cam[0] ecm odd nok caid:0x960 id:0x0 pid:0x505 Unknown (took nan seconds)" type messages.

This is a bona fide brand new card from sly but I do not have an official box.

Where do I go for s simple newbie guide for what must be a common setup?

Had the VU+ for a week and am otherwise very impressed.

VU+ duo currently running OpenPLi.
Acer Aspire Revo as media centre running Ubuntu/Mythtv/XBMC

laskas

Registered
anyone have info , Vu+duo working with Viasat card (5 east, id-090f) customer have problem with this card EMU-NewCS, what emu better use? and how need configure