Cannot connect to Network

Palinkat

Registered
Received my brand new VU+ DUO today. Splapped on the latest PLI nightly build.
Box doesn't connect properly to the network.
I have DHCP enabled but it doesn't get an IP correctly. Not sure what's going on here, I just replaced an IPBOX 9000HD with E2 on it and DHCP was working correctly.

Is there any know DHCP bug with PLI?

Cheers

Pt

hakkers1977

Registered
no ma8 there is no bug, just do the whole thing from scratch and it should work, dont forget to seset ur rooter caus it may still think ur using the ipbox i had the same conflict with mine and me old dm800, so just reflash reset and reconnect and hopefully it'll work.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
PLI VTI they all connect to the network.

What i will say is at initial setup and the network wizard PLI will crash but still set the network the VTI image completes it.

Just try this mate before we look at other options.

Power down the router and VU the restart router then VU and see if it connects.

Ferret

Palinkat

Registered
Thanks guys, been trying everything for the last 3 hours.
First checked the network cable, not that.
Switched off router then box, then switched back on router then box. No luck there.
Tried VTI and exactly same problem.
Box tells me it's connected to the network, DHCP is enabled but can't get IP.
How can I find the mac address on that box?

Thanks

Kanutten666

Registered
if you check your router "Attached Devices" is should show there.

:)

In this case the STB was not showing in the router. I had to restart the router, and the box, before I got "full" connection. I was at the time looking for the MAC in the box itselp. My old Relook displays the MAC in the menu.

The strange thing is that it was possible to communicate with the box, even if it was unvisible in the router. I just configured it with a fixed IP, and that's all, but it was still invisible in the router. First I thougt that it was something wrong with the VU, as it didn't get any IP using DHCP. I connected a few other boxes I have, and they all got their IP, but the VU+ didn't. Only after re-starting both the router and the box, as said, did I get in visible in the routers setup, but I left it as static, so actually I still don't know if it is working with DHCP. By the way, the image is VIX 2.1.