Help with a few things

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,

I just replaced my TM9600hd with a a VU+ duo and have several things to sort out. I'm using the VTI image.

1, When i hook up an xbox360 USB hd drive it shows the drive in the dvd player but no contents either standard dvd or music cd.

2, When the Smargo reader is inserted the green led lights up of a second and then goes out on the rear usb's; The led stays on in the front slot but theres no way to get a card in since the flap is in the way. Also which dev is it usually allocated too.

3, I previously used a slingbox with the technomate to stream on the move, but there is no config with the slingbox to control the VU+ yet. So my question is does this box stream over wan without the need of a pc to transcode the stream.

Thanks for any help.

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,

Thanks for your reply regarding my questions. :D

I will check out the driver you recommended and report back.
I intend to email slingmedia and the VU company to try get the remote codes maybe there is another product with the same control.

Thanks
Great box well happy with it. :D

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,
Update.

Contacted slingmedia and they sent me a link to a webpage on their site. You can create your own remotes by learning the keys from your device. So thats sorted and I can watch and control the box. :D

My smargo is working a treat did an upgrade to 1.4 and everything works. :D

The xbox360 drive still not had chance to play, will borrow another standard USB dvd to try that before I give up on it. :(

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,
Latest update
Xbox360 USB HD-DVD drive is playing standard dvd's, the video is perfect but no sound yet! :confused:

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,

Still problem with the sound, I cannot seem to change the format, just waiting for the latest update to filter through in the next update. Hopefully it will sort it :D

Like i said earlier the video is perfect.

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,

Just copied the contents of dvd to folder on the hdd and the sounds still not working so the dvd drive is probably working ok.

Will try experiment with some other dvd disks.
;)

cycloxit

Registered
Ha ha,

The sound is working everything is perfect playing DVD's from xbox360 USB HDdrive.

Not sure if the fix effects anything else yet, but here it is I found it on the VU-plus forum in the german section so credit goes there.

Telnet onto your box,

go to the folder /usr/lib/ and rename this file liba52.so.0

I just renamed it liba52.so.0_test

I'll monitor it over the weekend to see if it causes problems else where.

Bingo :D

Bacardi

Registered
Great going to have to try and find my xbox drive. I swapped my sony amp to a all in one dvd player etc (to try and make things easy for my other half) but it is pants. If the xbox drive to works i may be able to get my amp back out.

Bacardi

Registered
Did you have to do anything else?

I renamed the above file, and i have plugged my dvd into the bottom rear usb. When i use the dvd player i get nothing.

I assume that this is because it is not mounted, but being a bit of a noob at this i am a little stuck. What should i do to get it mounted? or which folder should i browse to find the files

cheers

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,

when your in the dvd player look in the folder autofs in there you will see another folder DVD when you open that you will see the video and audio folders. Ignore the audio and go into the video folder then just select one of the vob files.

It will work then. ;)
Regards

Bacardi

Registered
I have no DVD folder in autofs. That is why i think it is not mounted

I booted the vu up with the drive attached i saw it say reading usb and heard the drive spin up.

All i have done is renamed the above file and plug it in as suggested

Btw

What image are you using?

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

cycloxit

Registered
Hi try this,

h**p://www.linuxconfig.org/HowTo_mount_cdrom_in_linux

I just worked down from

section 2 Testing for iso9660 compatibility

issue # cat /proc/filesystems from telent to see if you have iso9660 filesystem

mine showed yes it was available.

is so you should have a mount point like /mnt/dvd if not create it.

then type # mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/dvd/ or whatever the folder name is under /mnt

hopefully that should help.
Regards.

cycloxit

Registered
Possible error

then type # mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/dvd/ or whatever the folder name is under /mnt

it could be USB or something!

Bacardi

Registered
I get the following

root@vuduo ~ # cat /proc/filesystems
nodev sysfs
nodev rootfs
nodev bdev
nodev proc
nodev cpuset
nodev sockfs
nodev usbfs
nodev pipefs
nodev futexfs
nodev tmpfs
nodev eventpollfs
nodev devpts
ext3
ext2
nodev ramfs
msdos
vfat
nodev nfs
nodev nfs4
nodev jffs2
nodev mqueue
nodev rpc_pipefs
nodev cifs
ntfs
cdfs
iso9660
root@vuduo ~ # mkdir /media/dvd
mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/dvd': File exists (i had already created this dir)
root@vuduo ~ # mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/dvd
mount: mounting /dev/hdc on /media/dvd failed: No such file or directory
root@vuduo ~ # mount -t iso9660 /dev/usb /media/dvd
mount: mounting /dev/usb on /media/dvd failed: No such file or directory

I have also tried wodim -devices to see what was connected but it would not work

Last edited:

Bacardi

Registered
If i goto dvd file browser and then at the top select list of storage devices i can see dvd/hd x807616 so that must be my dvd drive

cycloxit

Registered
hi,

Have a look in the file auto.hotplug

mine is like this

* -fstype=auto,ro :/dev/&
USB -fstype=auto :/dev/sdb1
DVD -fstype=auto,ro :/dev/sr0
HDD -fstype=auto :/dev/sda1
#usb2 -fstype=auto :/dev/sdb
#usb3 -fstype=auto :/dev/sdc1
#usb4 -fstype=auto :/dev/sdc