Barry Allen update problem

Gerry55

Registered
I normally have no problem updating Barry Allen but this time trying to go from 5.0.35 to 5.1.2 I get unable to update, is there a problem with this version.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Are you on a original or clone 800 mate. If you have a clone this could be the reason.

Also this is a new revision it could be you need to remove your old version before installing the new one.

I must admit i have not tried the new version as yet.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry mate never looked at what section i was in!

Have you tried removing the old BA version from the plugins section before installing the new version?

What is the error that you are seeing from the failed install?

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

There is a ipkg list that need editing to remove the previous install records. Im not at home so i look for it location this even and then you can edit it and try again.

Just check in /var/lib/ipkg if its there right click edit and remove any reference to barry allen save reboot and try again.

Ferret

Gerry55

Registered
Hi Ferret
Got to the point of being piss off, reinstalled my flash image still have the same problem had to install the old Barry Allen,
now I have lost my multi boot image.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You should not loose any images off you USB stick mate. Not sure how you have it configure but i regularly install a new flash image a when i install BA it finds the USB drive and ignores it because it is in the correct format. All my multiboot images remain untouched.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

ive have just used google to translate the the revision mod. This is why it would not work on your image.

Barry Allen 5.1 OE 1.6 images for testing and development thread

Hi!

After I already said that we do get through the new OE 1.6 images even when multi-booting a lot to I will not do everything alone.

Also, I have decided to support only the first new image with a new BA 5.1. Only when that is stable and we know how quickly the image Bauer DMM and make the transition to the new kernel then I wonder whether the version 5.1 will support also the old images in flash.

BA 5.1 will not install ie on images 2.6.12er with the old kernel!

In addition, Chinese New Year is now over and the last warning about clones has been removed from the installation of the kit, which probably means that now you must find out yourself - I would do it but not better, if only because the clone using the new drivers did not eh boot :)

At the moment, Wally West is still not supported, please do not even try, that may end with a format the Harddidsk.

But what has been going to a boot image with the new kernel 2.6.18er old images.

Please note that if you work it will be the images DOES NOT use the old udev, since the new images to bring your own udev.

I did this as a workaround, at least that implements the Hardddisk is still mounted in the image, it must exist but / media / hdd as a directory, a link will not work and must be deleted and replaced with a directory!

By mount and fstab should work hand in the old images, of course, just stop with the udev / dev / sd * device paths of the new.

In the 8000s already working all 5 versions of the installation (on USB stick, CF, SD card, Hardddisk and unused in the Flash).

Flash now works as an image in a DMM experimental image from the 1.6 branch OE that your download of www.dreamboxupdate.com (can choose more at the moment there is not anyway) because now also include the usb drivers.

Please test if everything else works as it should, and above all tried it out on the 800cc and posts may Installationslogs if there are problems.

What does not go well at the moment is the boot manager (it does not display a menu), there has probably the framebuffer handling what needs to be changed and adjusted only. The boot manager is running, but even if his boot logo is displayed, with 0 then you can boot from the flash what to see in the oled.

Ferret

Gerry55

Registered
Hi Ferret
This is what I installed could you please tell me what version of Barry Allen I should install,

It looks as though I will have to re install the flash image again

* OoZooN-CVS-lean-dm8000-20100213.nfi +

* Hier kommt wieder ein aktuelles CVS Image aus dem Enigma² experimental zweig.
* Enigma stand ist 13.02.2010
* die plugins sind vom 13.02.2010
* die treiber vom 17.01.2010
* neuer kernel 2.6.12-r11
* secondstageloader ist 76

hassanclasse

Registered
Hi Ferret
This is what I installed could you please tell me what version of Barry Allen I should install,

* OoZooN-CVS-lean-dm8000-20100213.nfi +

* Hier kommt wieder ein aktuelles CVS Image aus dem Enigma² experimental zweig.
* Enigma stand ist 13.02.2010
* die plugins sind vom 13.02.2010
* die treiber vom 17.01.2010
* neuer kernel 2.6.12-r11
* secondstageloader ist 76

Hi,

In summary it is the new BA for new images opendreambox-1.6 (OE1.6): kernel 2.6.18

The BA 5.1x is not compatible with the images opendreambox-1.5 (OE 1.5 = current images) kernel 2.6.12

for (OE 1.5 = current images) kernel 2.6.12 use BA 5.0.35

Gerry55

Registered
Hi hassanclasse
Thanks for the info,after my re install, I tried to install 5.0.35 but I was unable to see my multi boot image.