Series Link???

the_watcher87

Registered
Hi guys, is it possible to series link using enigma 2? As in recording a whole series of something instead of having to set it manually every day or week?

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Not seen anything like that to be honest, current EPG plugins are very good but if a series spread over months the way these EPG's work may make this impossible.

Would be a great feature though for first team that could do it.

Ferret

the_watcher87

Registered
ok, thanks for your reply, looks like it'll have to be done manually. That's gonna be suck when it comes to winter when all the good american stuff is on lol

psykix

Registered
Works just fine mate...

Install crossEPG - I dunno what image you are using, so it may need a patch before it will work.

Then install autotimer plugin.

Run the plugin, and then press MENU.

Tell it to import from EPG, and then just pick what you want to series link...

Thanks to Dubious and the guys over at Newnigma forum for the info.

I'll send you my MSN and if you have any probs I'll talk you through it.

the_watcher87

Registered
I'm using nabilosat blackhole and crossepg only made my epg blank? But I used the epg thats built into the image and the autotimer worked great. Fantastic little plugin that one.

Thankyou

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I'm using nabilosat blackhole and crossepg only made my epg blank? But I used the epg thats built into the image and the autotimer worked great. Fantastic little plugin that one.

Thankyou

Just installed the autotimer myself, which makes series link work regardless of what EPG your using.

Great info lads! :thum:

Ferret

psykix

Registered

Thankyou

Yeah, I can't seem to get crossEPG to work with BH, even after patching the enigma2.sh file - was fine on Newnigma.

Seems to be a prob with Newnigma for me - the box had slowed somewhat, and was getting spinners on the screen when not even doing anything..

Gonna give Gemini 4.4 a go now!