FlashTools?

ararat

Hello,

I'm not sure, if I this is news for you or not , but on I found a file for the 9000HD (I did not try it yet), that should run without Flash Tools only from a plugged in USB Stick (on USB-Host). I copied the description of the file and insert it here:

NEU!! Version 110608_r7219 usb update (release 11.06.08)

We recommend to use uboot 1.3.1 for using of all functions Features
FIXED
- Freeze after Timer recording setup from EPG list
- Freeze after detailed info in EPG list
- Doesn´t go to standby mode if in timer Power control is set up Standby
IMPROVED/ADDED
- support for USB 2.0 external HDD. You need uboot 1.3.1. (in same time supported only one HDD, if you can use external HDD, unplug internal HDD !)
- new webinterface
- addon support, installation by webinterface
- new menu skin, possibility for change from 3 skins
Login/password : root/ipbox
Software upgrade from USB memory stick (host):
• backup important data from memory stick before try to update. Remove all data from it. • copy "usb update.img" image to USB memory stick
• run "remove h/w(memory stick)" function on PC. You can see icon on right bottom (left of clock) screen.
• turn off the stb(Standby + OK) and insert the memory stick.
• press and hold Standby button until front display shows “BOOTING”

If I understand it right, this would make flashing the 9000HD easier (no PC needed) ?

Greetings:thum:

acohen222

Registered
flashing an image question

this is a really stupid question probably. I have read many posts about flashing with a USB stick or connecting a PC to the USB port of the STB (i have the IPBOX 9000 HD). The pceditor allows you to flash using Ethernet. It seems like a friendly way to accomplish it. So here comes the stupid question - why would you want to use a USB stick to flash an image and not use pceditor? Am I missing something?

(specifically speaking - I need to flash the latest nlb image)

Thanks

dorosk

Registered
In most cases you can flash from PCeditor.
For full images (32MB) or Boot images like Uboot you will need flash tools and usb cable