DVD and images

Replay

Registered
After installing a Sony DVD burner I tried to record from the HD.
The box crashed! I thought maybe I should try to play a DVD first, this also failed. I saw the first few seconds of the FBI warning still and then .. nothing ..complete blackness. This was on a Nabilo .09 image.
Tried other images with the same results..except for Gemini and newenigma images. the DVD played fine, I didn't try to record though.
Why cant nabilo play the DVD ? is it a driver thing? a skin issue?

Anyone care to add his experience? :confused:

bellof

Registered
its an original dvd?
burned dvd´s ars running?
if you only have probs with original dvd´s you have to install
libdvdcss!
its a prob with the copyright of the dvd!

animal666

Registered
What image you using? i failed miserably with nabilosat 0.9,
the EPG is great the rest of the image isnt worth keeping in flash, but thats just my opinion, think the drivers are old?
Milo images are good. plays DVD's Writes DVD's doesnt crash.
Daz.

Last edited:

Replay

Registered
The problem was solved by installing ibdvdcss like bellof said.
Now it can play DVDs.
To record or burn to DVD you need to follow these steps which I have posted in another forum as well.

1-Start from the plugins list and select Burn to DVD.
2-In settings select what you want to do. ( I selected burn to DVD). save it and go back to the initial page to add a file.
3- Click on ADD a FILE ( green button) and the video list will pop up. move the up and down cursor to the film you want to burn but DON'T click the OK button as this will crash e2, instead click add ( green button). add other videos if required provided there is enough space on DVD.
4- Click on the record button (lowest right) and it will start!! a small info window will show a progress bar and an option to select an action once the burn is finished . use the right cursor to move between options.( go to standby- deep standby-nothing).You can also hide this screen. I selected go to standby but it didn't happen. if you hide the screen there is no way to see the progress bar again( I could be wrong).
5-You can watch TV normally while the burn is taking place in the background. when the burn is finished an info screen will pop to announce your success.

I could not eject the disc once this was over. I downloaded a plugin called "Eject DVD" and used it, or just restart your hardware.

I burned two SD movies on 1 disc (4 GB) in 2 hours from start to finish.
Have not tried HD video yet. but a 2 hours film in HD is about 9 GB, for that you need a dual layer blank disc.

Hope this helps.

animal666

Registered
Or an easier was to record is.......

1.. Flash latest Milo image...
2...Put in DVD and record using DVD Burner...

Or 3... use nabilosat and Make some Coffee Coasters....:thum:

Replay

Registered
Or an easier was to record is.......

1.. Flash latest Milo image...
2...Put in DVD and record using DVD Burner...

Or 3... use nabilosat and Make some Coffee Coasters....:thum:

he he..:D
I will give the Milo image a try..:helm2: