USB HDD automount?

moonbox

Registered
Hi folks,

Running sifteam image at the moment and usb HDD can be quite well used, except the annoiying fact that each time when trying to watch something from the disk it must be re-discovered by qbox manager plugin. Then it works, after few hours if I try to use it again it must be re-detected..
I'm not quite sure if timer can start recording so that the disk is re-detected. Tried it last night hdd was not used in 1,5 hours before the recording and all went fine. But again in the morning in order to watch it I was forced to redetect the disk. THe box was on all night.
Any ideas, suggestions?

Searcher

Registered
Hej Moonbox

Log on to your QBOX from your pc using a browser. Just type in the Ip address of QBOX. User is root and default pw is qboxqbox. There might not be any pw in sifteam image.
In the web interface under Config you can set Automount for both HDD and USB. If you save the settings correct you will have the disk mounted next time you need to restart.

Searcher

moonbox

Registered
nope, no help.
The HDD is still lost after a while. It will not mount if I try it from web interface. Only from Qbox manager plugin.

moonbox

Registered
Some more investigation done. Seems that HDD stays mounted as long as I just replay stored recordings. But as soon as I record something, the HDD gets lost after a while and requires re-detection. The recording itself succeeds fine so the mount is only lost afterward. Strange..

moonbox

Registered
Has anyone actually successfully used external USB HDD? I've now done almost every possible thing, and tried to get it work, but always in the morning the hdd is lost. The box itself seems to think that disk is still mounted, but it just isn't accessible.

Has anyone any deeper knowlegde how QBOX manager mounts the usb hdd? it seems to get it working every time. When the hdd is lost and I try to mount it manually
mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /hdd it fails. The "lun0" cannot be found. When I start the box it seems that I have a limited (minute or so) time window when lun0 exists and I can manually mount the disk, but after that it disappears and only Qbox manager can mount the disk after that..

tbenmila

Registered
I have an external HDD (fujitsu sata 250 Gb), not recognized by Qbox with SIF image 1.9.3.d.

It worked very well with Itgare TGS220

is there any solution even with other images?