VT8000HD Really Disappoint Me His Poor Picture Quality

Relook_400

Registered
Hello to all,

First of all i like to thanks everyone who did his best by uploading files and or try to helping other guys with this hobby!

After a lot of reading here and there and also watching DrDish channel and the reviewed about this VT 8000 receiver I have decide to buy it so today I was in the satellite shop and I pick it up the VT 8000 and believe me I was sooo happy and pushing as hard as possible on the gas to get home faster and installing this new toy…
But after I’d did everything’s and after trying everything that possible to make the picture quality of it better and sharper as I reading about it but sadly I got no luck at all!!
This receiver is one of the cheapest receiver that I ever saw (I’m talking here about the SD picture quality of it not about the HD!!) in my whole life, I had from the ’90 until now almost 100 receivers got it and played with it and the last one was TF5000PVR and I already knows that this sound a little bit grazzzy but the picture quality of the almost 7 years older TF5000pvr is much better and crisper and sharper than this one with his “new” technology!!

I already have an expansive pc with the newer ATI HD card and also TT3200S (S2) pci satellite card with the sharpest and crisped picture quality that you ever thought from both the SD and the HD channels (with the help of the ATI CCC program can man make it sharper and sharper as he wish!!) but i’m really tired of using the mouse and it doesn’t have the ease of use as an satellite receiver so that’s why I thought to buy this VT8000HD and putting one TB1 hdd inside it mate but sadly man can’t got it all!!
Indeed mate you read it well that I’m very disappoint and never thought that this VT8000 with the last patched software with emu gonna disappoint me like that especially the picture quality is for me very important then all the other staff and or feature of it because when I like to watch some nice movie I don’t playing with feature or with main menu of it to see how wonderful it’s looks!!

My HW:
Monster 1000 hdmi cable (one of the best!) .
Panasonic 42 inch HD ready = on 1080i (one of the best price compare to the pic quality!) .
VT 8000 HD ready on 1080i (one of the poor picture quality that I ever saw but much expansive HD receiver of the moment!) .
The picture quality of the SD from this VT8000HD looks almost the same as the cheap Humax5400 and Philips 7xx sd receiver like a white soft filter on it!
I test it from 28E to 7W on the follows channels: almost all the BBC and the movie channels / MBC 2 action and max / ZDF Pro7 D-max DW / a lot of the HB channels on13E / ZeeMovoe FoxMovies and so on!!

Ps: I already tried all the settings like the rgb yp s-video but nothings were helps here at all and all the 3 settings looks like the same one without any dif.!
Thank you for reading my disappoint experience with this so called VT8000HD receiver mate.

Best Regard

:thum:

avaruusukkeli69

Registered
i dont know what mondaypiece you have,,, my picture looks great,, for example palnet earth from bbc-hd looks as good as planetearth bluray...

Relook_400

Registered
i dont know what mondaypiece you have,,, my picture looks great,, for example planet earth from bbc-HD looks as good as planetearth bluray...

I think you should read my post better again than you will know what i’m talking about here mate!
Did I mention HD channels in my post before we talking about Monday piece???

Thanks anyway for your reply mate ;)

mtrfckr

Registered
I think you should try to set the video conf in the vantage menu to auto and not to 1080. It will improve the quality on sd channels. On the pana, try do deactivate all the image adjustments and try to set on and off each option at the time and then add another video option until you reach the best quality. To set up your video do not use those sd channels that are too low in resolution, they will look like shit anyway.

Relook_400

Registered
I already have triad that (auto=576P) and indeed it’s gave a better picture quality than on 1080i but not so super as I had expected from this receiver with his new hdmi technology comparing to my own ATI VC with his extremely sharp crisp and clean clear picture!
Only on Astra 19e this VT8000 gives “much” better PQ from the Germany providers likes the WDR ZDF etc studio and talk talk talk and some newer documentary program’s which I didn’t buy it for such program’s but only for watching nice and sharper movies from it!
I’m volley agree with your last words about that sd channels with too low BR but the same channels on Echstar 3600/7000 given sharper and better PQ than this VT8000 with his HDMI tech… it sound a littlebit weird i know that... right?
Anyways thanks for your reply.
:thum:

mtrfckr

Registered
When it is on auto what you see it's what you get, meaning if you have a poor signal or poor quality it will be what it is. The german sd channels are the best ones in term of quality. It is with them that you can judge your receiver. (same for hd channels).
I use my vantage on auto, ymcb, auto pics and full video format in the video options and i make all the adjustments on the tv, and it looks really good like that.