ALI3329b loader

peaceandlove

Registered
Hi all,
Trying to load on a ali3329b software for use with abracadabra card on edision 2620CXCi
always advised in the readme to use the alimupg52/55 loader tool, but none of these tools reconise the edison when connected to the serial.
does anyone know any other loader which could be used to load on ali3329b firmware

ivan-ivan

Registered
you most use ALIMUPG55 ..do not use another loader! and by carreful you dont have inserted abracadabra card IN when change software!

*Joker*

Registered
Hi all,
Trying to load on a ali3329b software for use with abracadabra card on edision 2620CXCi
always advised in the readme to use the alimupg52/55 loader tool, but none of these tools reconise the edison when connected to the serial.
does anyone know any other loader which could be used to load on ali3329b firmware

EDISION 2620CXCI has an Chip STI5518 not an ALI3329b Chip and so these Loaders like ALUMINIUPEG, Torax and so on you cannot use. The software al3329b you cannot use on EDISION anyway.
Only EDISION Tyran and 1600CI have ali3329b chip but this software does not work on these receivers without fixing i think

peaceandlove

Registered
EDISION 2620CXCI has an Chip STI5518 not an ALI3329b Chip and so these Loaders like ALUMINIUPEG, Torax and so on you cannot use. The software al3329b you cannot use on EDISION anyway.
Only EDISION Tyran and 1600CI have ali3329b chip but this software does not work on these receivers without fixing i think

Thanks so much for the pointers, i have just brought yet another serial cable specifying to the dealer null modem cable 2-3 3-2 5-5 , just tried it, still had no joy and then have just looked at this post and now explains why i cant get the alimupg55 to connect, It means that the list of receivers specifiefied as being alib receivers cannot be relied upon as in every list that i have seen under ali b receivers there is a refrence to EDISION 1120 - 2620 so i asumed that the 2620cxci falls under this list, Having said that, im sure my neighbour has a 1600CI version which you suggest is an alib receiver but does not work without a fix.
Please please if possibletell me how i go about this fix or please point me in the right direction to find a fix if this is possible.
Many Thanks in advance