DM800 Clone

Rage99

Registered
Well i got the clone because its £120/150euros cheaper and the build quality is MUCH better.

How should i go about patching this - i heard something about " second bootloader 70 " kills the box, but dreamup can fix it.

Will i be ok just loading Nabilosat onto this box ?

Thanks

lemrid

Registered
Hi,

hehe that"s the hint ;)

Almost latest imgs MUST use 70 secondstage bootloader.

so if u try to update ur img, u'll get a dead box.

lemrid

Registered
SO is it possible to use bootloader 69
Hi,

I expect that none of the 800 Bootloaders will work, since almost clones are shipped with 600Pvr bootloader and a workin GP 3.80

so my advice dont upgrade it at all or better, send it back to the resseller

gonesuper

Registered
I imported 8 Clones for some freinds this week and have been reflashing them all.

Bootloader 70 causes ERR01: NO CA FOUND error on the lcd and no boot. This is a simple fix using dreamup and flashing bootloader 69 to it.

You have to use a serial cable as the dhcp flash won't work when you see the error.

As bootloader 69 is only a 170k file it takes seconds to put right.

I have noticed that i was able to flash nabilo 0.5 to the box but it kept bootloader at 69 only when i went to reflash did i get the error.

Hope this helps someone.
Gonesuper

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I imported 8 Clones for some freinds this week and have been reflashing them all.

Bootloader 70 causes ERR01: NO CA FOUND error on the lcd and no boot. This is a simple fix using dreamup and flashing bootloader 69 to it.

You have to use a serial cable as the dhcp flash won't work when you see the error.

As bootloader 69 is only a 170k file it takes seconds to put right.

I have noticed that i was able to flash nabilo 0.5 to the box but it kept bootloader at 69 only when i went to reflash did i get the error.

Hope this helps someone.
Gonesuper

Nabilo v5 was released with a earlier bootloader maybe version 62, images released before December 2008 should be pre 69 or 69 and should be fine to flash. The readme of the images usually state which bootloader they are using as well as cvs.

Ferret

gonesuper

Registered
When i said Nabilo 0.5 i mean't the one that came out on the 21st dec 08. It says in the descripton that it has bootloader 70, but when i installed it, it changed my bootloader from 62 to 69.

Tho the 62 bootloader in most clones is a hacked one from a 600pvr. It even says 600pvr on the network flash page.

It only changed mine to 70 when i reflashed the image to correct a bug i'd found. Then i got the error

shagx

Registered
Cant see the point of buying a clone box, you may save money at first but when it goes wrong you have lost all your money!!

gonesuper

Registered
The company i bought from offered to exchange mine when the fault was found to be software and it looked like i couldn't get the box to boot again.

They're currently working with me to find a fix for the bootloader 70 problem.

I'm more than happy with them.

gonesuper

Registered
The only shop you are allowed to discuss on these forums is the site sponser. I don't think they sell the dm800 so your best bet it to find a stockist on dream multimedias site

Rage99

Registered
Well my friend had the clone and i managed to set it up remotely after 3 dreaful hours.

- DHCP Doesn't work
-Sometimes the remote wont work unless your right next to it
- Very very very hot
- Freezes randomly
- Cardreader is very unstable

I'm glad i cancelled my orer from l1nuxs4t - and got an IPBOX which kills the DM in terms of speed, picture quality, and reliability.

asiatvro

Registered
i got one clone.

i bought one clone dm800. cannot use Genimi latest img.anybody can help me on it?
BR.