help needed please

wamm69

Registered
hi all i have just got hold of a qbox and am having a few probs setting it up when i turn it on it just holds on the duolabs page so i am trying to download a newer image to it but i cant seem to get qbox uploader working proper im using xp its installed ok the problem is trying to find the ip of the qbox how can you find out what the ip of the box is i used to have a eagle and to find it on that i used dcc to find out what the ip was cant even seem to load an origanal image just using serial port is there any other way of loading an image to it i can find any info off the box as i cant get it to start proper any ideas guys:(

quanwen

Registered
you can use dcc to find out the ip of the qbox. you´ll need to change the password in dcc to qboxqbox. then use the search function to get the ip. when flashing a new image you need the qbox connected to the network and a standard serial cable - not a null modem cable. in the qbox uploader program you can see if you have a connection under the settings button.
once you have a connection and start the flash you´ll need to turn off the qbox for about 5 secs before turning it on again and completing the operation.
good luck!

wamm69

Registered
thank you for the reply, i am using a nul modem cable so will get a new one and give it a go

Reptile1

Registered
I use a "Null Modem cable" and it works fine, along side a ethernet crossover cable. You must have them both connected for Qbox updater to work. Hope this helps?

wamm69

Registered
yes i do use both ,but when i connect the qbox and select show console it comes up all muble jumble,i use the same cable on my starview box to update that,and used to use it on my technomate and had no probs before i will get a normal cable and see if it makes a differance will post result so thead can be closed:thum:i noticed reptile your from the lancs area anywere near rossendale

Last edited: