RS232 Pin Configuration for T-5000

vipulkuruppu

Registered
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the RS232 pin configuration to connect the T-5000 with the PC.

As per the general information I got, I tried with pin connections 2-->3, 3-->2, 5-->5 but not worked. I went through the official site but couldn't find any tech information. Also the manual don't say what connection type is right.

I have downloaded several software but cannot connect to the unit.

Please let me know if anyone knows the pin connectivity or a place to get the info.

Thanks,
-Vipul.

vipulkuruppu

Registered
Hi,

Thanks. But it didn't work either. What I tried was:

1-No Connection
2-3
3-2
4-No Connection
5-5
7-8
8-7
9-No Connection

I have tried with the software called StbLink versions 5.x,6.x and 7.x but couldn't connect.

Please let me know any other pin configurations or softwares to try. (I have set up a cable set which the pin configurations can be changed as needed :) )

Thanks,
-Vipul.

vipulkuruppu

Registered
In our market there are only common RS232 cables. When I checked those are just 1-2, 2-2, ...etc.

I'm using a custom made cable which made by a friend of mine. It has a connection box in the middle which I can connect the end pins as needed. 10 contacts for each side (9 for pins and 1 for ground).

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
for ur receiver what i told you the connections 2-3 3-2 5-5 7-8 8-7
make user ur colours are ok on other end all dmt clones they use this connections pls check all setup on ur pc com ports and others and the cable if you still cant connect try the cable and ur pc on other reciver if you connect must be in the receiver there's a rs232 chip on the board near the tuner that must be gone

vipulkuruppu

Registered
Thanks for help on the cable info. I'll re-check everything.

Meantime can you let me know whether I can use StbLink (5.x,6.x or 7.x) to connect to the unit.

Thanks and regards,
-Vipul.