PLEASE HELP for AMIKI SHD 8900!!

DaMaN182

Registered
I have an amiko alien shd 8900 and it had been working great since i got it from a friend of a friend. Now i realised that the firmware version was outdates by about 3-4 versions (current being 1.2.58 or something like that). So i took the liberity of updateing the firmware to the latest 1.2.63. After this update the pop up 'no or bad signal' stayed on screen and no channles would work. I snooped around online and found maybe a factory reset will work- to no luck.

Now the 'no service' pop up is on the screen permanantly. I am so confused and i really wish to solve this problem please helppp.

Thank you for any aid.

Lmkiu

Registered
I hope not but I think your box might be a Clone.

If you have still got the box, check to see if it has "Amiko Alien" printed on it.

If it has, then it is a clone, because there is no (i) in the original Al en title, just a pic of the Alien skull.

Try loading the previous firmware, 1.2.58SE.

Further Info, see link below.

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?p=1022727#post1022727

Best of luck

Lmkiu

Registered
Original Amiko SHD8900, no i

p1010019ny.jpg

maam64

Registered
DaMaN182, From what you say I gather that the amiko starts but you have no channels tuned or you have misconfigured your antenna, check these parameters or if you have a list of saved channels, copy it to amiko.

DaMaN182

Registered
Thank you for the replies.

My box might be a clone, (i cant check for the alien head at the moment since i am at work), cause i did buy it from a local source and I am quite sure i was not meant to update the box. I say this because i called the friend who gave me the box and he called his friend which said he now has to reprogram the box again. This tells me he most likely wants to downgrade it to the older version so it can work again.

lmkui how do i load previous firmware? do i just update it from usb but use the older version? and if that thread that you posted is correct, i have somehow coruppted my box since i updated to 1.2.63 ?

P.S i live in sydney, australia. The channels the were set on my box are from foxtel, australia. These include channels like movie one, show time, fox 8 , mtv, cartoon network etc....i remember before i updated the satelite that was used was called optus d2 or something like that, there was also another satelite used for arabic channels ( i think this was called intel ... Or tele ... I cant really remember).

Last edited:

maam64

Registered
DaMaN182, If amiko start, this link have a spark image to retrieve from USB pendrive (Europe version, if looking good is right for Australia)

http://www.mediafire.com/?g135bicsoe4rbdx

#############################################
# How to use the Spark Rescue Image #
1. Format your USB Stick to FAT32 filesystem
2. Copy the "spark" folder to the root ("/") directory of your USB stick
3. Use the main power switch to power off your receiver
4. Connect the USB Stick into your receiver (Use the rear USB port in case of Amiko Alien2)
5. Press and hold the [OK] button on your receiver's front panel
6. While holding the [OK] button, power on your receiver
7. Release the [OK] button when 'FORC' appears on the VFD/LED display
8. Press and release the [>] (RIGHT) button on the front panel ('FACT' appears on the display)
9. Press and release [OK] to start the process

In case you get "T TO" or "7 70" error on the front panel, try re-formatting your USB Stick, or
use a different brand.

Last edited:

DaMaN182

Registered
DaMaN182, If amiko start, this link have a spark image to retrieve from USB pendrive (Europe version, if looking good is right for Australia)

http://www.mediafire.com/?g135bicsoe4rbdx

# How to use the Spark Rescue Image #
1. Format your USB Stick to FAT32 filesystem
2. Copy the "spark" folder to the root ("/") directory of your USB stick
3. Use the main power switch to power off your receiver
4. Connect the USB Stick into your receiver (Use the rear USB port in case of Amiko Alien2)
5. Press and hold the [OK] button on your receiver's front panel
6. While holding the [OK] button, power on your receiver
7. Release the [OK] button when 'FORC' appears on the VFD/LED display
8. Press and release the [>] (RIGHT) button on the front panel ('FACT' appears on the display)
9. Press and release [OK] to start the process

In case you get "T TO" or "7 70" error on the front panel, try re-formatting your USB Stick, or
use a different brand.

Before I do this I just want to the point out that my box looks identical to the one shown in the picture in lmkiu's post. So now im having doubts if my box is a clone or not and if it is not, will these steps you provided me ruin the box? Shall i proceeed?

Lmkiu

Registered
Thank you for the replies.

My box might be a clone, (i cant check for the alien head at the moment since i am at work), cause i did buy it from a local source and I am quite sure i was not meant to update the box. I say this because i called the friend who gave me the box and he called his friend which said he now has to reprogram the box again. This tells me he most likely wants to downgrade it to the older version so it can work again.

lmkui how do i load previous firmware? do i just update it from usb but use the older version? and if that thread that you posted is correct, i have somehow coruppted my box since i updated to 1.2.63 ?

P.S i live in sydney, australia. The channels the were set on my box are from foxtel, australia. These include channels like movie one, show time, fox 8 , mtv, cartoon network etc....i remember before i updated the satelite that was used was called optus d2 or something like that, there was also another satelite used for arabic channels ( i think this was called intel ... Or tele ... I cant really remember).

There is no harm in trying what maam64 has suggested, you might get lucky.

As regards Clone identification, I forgot to mention, on top left front of your box, here you should also see the skull in AL en title, again no (i).

Best of luck

Lmkiu

Registered
Before I do this I just want to the point out that my box looks identical to the one shown in the picture in lmkiu's post. So now im having doubts if my box is a clone or not and if it is not, will these steps you provided me ruin the box? Shall i proceeed?

I have only just seen your post, busy typing.

By all means, proceed as maam64 suggested, regardless of whether its an original or a clone.

If its original, that should get your box up and running again.

Best of luck

Last edited: