SHD 8900 honest review

FoneFreak

Registered
Hi Friends,
This is a review from me I have had almost all boxes so this is a fair and honest user review/comparison.

In my view the spark is okay but not great, if you are used to E2 or decent boxes then i doubt you will grow to use spark although it is 100% better then openbox etc

It is NOT worth £100 as the company making the boxes should at LEAST support emus!!, this box will run oscam for CCCAM users and mgcamd also works but ONLY mgcamd 1.33, no 1.35 or 1.38.
Certain builds support cccam but it is not as standard as better supported boxes, ie MOST boes support at least cccam and mgcamd of the shelf!

The remote look great when your first see it BUT it is cheaply made and once you start using it you will notice the build quality by the horrible cheap clicking sounds, ANOTHER thing to note especially for E2 users is that the colour buttons are located in the wrong place (ie blue button for favorites etc), it is too low. (nothing major but potential buyers should know the pros & cons)

E2 images are simple to install but are all in alpha state at the minute, in saying that the PKT v3 image seems to work great on this box.

1 channel plugin also works fine in e2.

Spark OS works well but most of the online functions do not work in europe.

In short the box is 100% an openbox killer and very good alternative, BUT it is not as slick as a vu solo/duo or dreambox dm800.

It is not worth £100 rrp due to limited support from the manufacturs and VERY limited Emu support and also the low build quality. If you can get the box for £70/80 then it is worth it over openbox etc, but seeing as a dm800hd is now £100 (from china), i would stick with that as it is tried and tested.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Last edited:

BE-COOL

Registered

anterocouto

Registered
Fonefreak says many thinks but not the principal.

Did you try HDMU image ?

Of course not.

Try it and then say what you feel....

FoneFreak

Registered
Just trying to help anyone who is undecide or who want to know about these receivers.

Its a GOOD receiver, not a great receiver!!

BE-COOL has posted some good advice to also help other users, thanks

Yes i tried hdmu but opted for PKT in the end (for now!).

anterocouto

Registered
Please try in HDMU image, THE REVOLUTION SKINS

BLACK, BLUE, CLASSIC, GREY, SILVER, WHITE

I had almost all DREAMBOX ( not the 7020 ) and VU+UNO and VU+DUO

I never find SKINS like this.

realdeal1966

Registered
green screen(booting loop) with exit code 5 when I updated the satellite.xml or updated software via the internet.

anterocouto

Registered
In case you have another receiver, like Dreambox, etc with

enigma2 and make a copy by DCC, you can download it to the

receiver and then the receiver give all SATELLITE.

anterocouto

Registered
If you want, send me your e-mail and I try to send you

a BOUQUET list. Load by DREAMEDIt and then you have all satellites.

realdeal1966

Registered
There's something fundementally wrong with the box(from ebay), cos after scanning astra 1, same problem appeared again. spark is ok. I'm beginning think this box is a clone. I've upgraded to the latest spark(v2.60) and I gonna try reinstall it . Satellite.xml is from my tm800hd(no support from technomate dreadful).

realdeal1966

Registered
Thank you anterocouto. After spark upgrade, hdmu reinstallation and ftping my tm800hd satellite.xml, I've managed to scan 28.2E.

FoneFreak

Registered
you will find if you scan with e2 images it scans fine, its seems to be a problem with spark os BUT the buyers have to mess around fixing the issue rather then the box makers :-(

realdeal1966

Registered
I do understand that, but new drivers in the form firmware from the box maker are still needed. eg my tm800hd installation of CCcam2.3.0 failed because library files are outdated.So I'm using CCcam2.2.1 still.