Tuner DM800 can be repair?

americanul

Registered
Hallo to all

I have some years here , but this is my first post

I have a DM800 clone.From 3 weeks ago,tuner doesn't work on HD chanels.On SD chanels work perfect, but on HD chanels work only on that chanels that are without 8PSK,like MTV Live chanel,HBO Comedy Polska,HD Swisse,Einsfestival promo.Un Astra receive around 8 chanels and on Hotbird around 6 chanels.I change the tuner with another one, and is work fine.I want to ask if somebody repair a tuner like this.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hardly worth the effort new tuners can be found for 30 euro use google.

xmen

Donating Member
Super VIP
buy a tuner Alps M 801A ..

Your 401A and certainly ... have problems with HD

BM300

Super VIP

If your tuner is REV: J, K
try fixing Capacitor 680uF 10V as shown in the attached image.
540uF 10v also works.

attachment.php

Last edited:

americanul

Registered
Thanks to BM300.I change capacitor, and is working.:clapping:. Was a strange demage.Ok, is good that is work again.

marinos1955

Registered
i have a problem with the tuner of 800hd.in 28.2east in some channels hd the snr is not stable and it is impossible to watch these channels. is there a solution?

BM300

Super VIP
i have a problem with the tuner of 800hd.in 28.2east in some channels hd the snr is not stable and it is impossible to watch these channels. is there a solution?

Check the BER, if it has any value try re-alligning your dish or checking the skew on your LNB.
If things do not improve, it may be the bad weather (not enough signal due to small dish) or the server (if the unstable channels are encrypted).​

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Glitching on 28e HD channels happens with most early clone tuners it a defect with those tuners. Discovery HD one of the channels.

Latest revision clone tuners cure that problem.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Use Google mate rev m tuners do cure that glitching.

nirolf

Registered
i have too problems with HD programms, my tuner is made from alps hg003 rev.m. on the tuner is an 330uF/16v capacitor, can be this my problem ? i have tested with an other tuner same revisions and same, but the other tuner an other receiver has no problems with HD programms.
second problem is by booting, when is attached an lan cable or usb stick or a card is inside then hang on. any suestions ?
thanks

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Are you sure you have good signal strenght ? Rev m tuner dont really suffer the glitching problem.

nirolf

Registered
yes, my friend, i´m very sure. i have prove on 2 antennas with the same results. also i have several antennas mounted, i´m not electronist but i want to know how can i fix it. it´s possible to have an other problem, but i don´t know where.
i have use several images with same results.
thank you.

nirolf

Registered
i have also an complete green screen and sometimes the box refuse to start.
on display can see for a half second or less vertical paralel stripes.
when the box is in function, sometines, the text on the display is like in a mirror.
ideas ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Have a word with forum sponsor they may be able to help.

otherwise google mate youll find them.

fahimjan

Registered
Hey guys !

I have the same problem with HD channels which are in 8PSK, in fact, I cant get them in my DM800HD PVR, any solution ?

Thanks
fahimjan