How do I configure cross epg on amiko alien 8900

Data

Registered
I have installed the latest E2 rsp image got the oscam running. but I cant get the cross epg to download the epg info. I have set the download location as my external hard drive. I have set only the skyuk to download. but nothin only now and next showing.

richardinspain

Registered
Hi did you manage to sort this? im using pkt haarp v3c...the first time i downloaded rytek uk it worked fine but all sudsequent downloads produced a very small epg.dat file which didnt have anything in it..I reflashed the image again and again the 1st epg download worked but any subsequent epg download failed..Tried deleting the dat file and also the whole crosspeg folder on my external hard drive but nothing..any advice cheers

Data

Registered
I now use the same image but I use a different cross epg to the one loaded and i have the cooltv guide running smoothly. the problem you have is tytec is a tad unreliable try the opentv this is what i use if when you try it it dont show 900 plus channels try in stalling sgtflipflop favs for enigma2 this will give you the raDIO CHANNEL THE EPG DOWNLOADS FROM WORKS EVERYTIME FOR ME M8.

richardinspain

Registered
Hi Data thanks for the reply...funnily enough i tried it this morning and it worked perfectly, perhaps the server was down at the weekend..can you tell me which version of crossepg you use and what is the difference between opentv and rytek..do you get something more with opentv or is it just more reliable..many thanks

Data

Registered
opentv is info sent directly from the satellite not via the internet. very rare any problems with the opentv epg info. to be honest I am in the middle of setting up the latest PKteam image and I will let you know how I get on with the crossepg version.

richardinspain

Registered
Hi Data..yes please let me know how you get on...so opentv downloads down from 28.2 rather like a normal sky box gets its epg from 11778 transponder?..after further investigation i read somewhere that it is from the hip hop channel? but i have never seen this channel..i am in spain and could never get 11778 so didnt have any epg on my sky box

Data

Registered
download sgtflipflop fav lists for sky 28.2 when you put them on your box you will get the hiphop channel.

richardinspain

Registered
Hi Data...thanks for that..downloaed sgtflipflop and downloaded opentv and it worked first time..At first i didnt think it worked as it was so quick so i checked the epg.dat file and it was there...im well impressed..Im using the latest pkteam gm990 haarp v3c and crosspeg 062 svn268..is this the one you are using now?

richardinspain

Registered
yes i do its a great box and glad i bought it..it has a good tuner and its the best box i have had for the weak transponders here in spain..i like the dual boot so if i mess up the enigma2 i can always revert back to spark..i think spark is more stable but of course you dont get the epg..i hope there will be more plugins soon for it but there is plenty to be playing with in the mean time..its the easiest box ive had to set up external hard drive and streaming from the pc

richardinspain

Registered
Hi Data...How did you get on with the new image and crossepg? mine doesn't work anymore..It worked the first time but doesnt work now on open tv or rytek..Im sure if i reflashed the image it would work like it did before but not the 2nd time..how does it work for you? cheers richard

Data

Registered
you need to tick the box to reboot after update. and make sure you have set the usb pen or hard drive as your storage medium. if you fill the internal ram up you will be stuffed and need to reflash.

richardinspain

Registered
Hi Data..yes crossepg has always been set to my HDD and the reboot option is ticked..I have tried all different options but doesnt seem to work..Have tried deleting the epg dat file and also the whole crossepg folder from my hdd but still doesnt work..Funny thing is both rytek and open tv worked the first time but doesnt the 2nd..I reflashed..worked the first time then doesnt a 2nd..Its strange..I think i know whats wrong with opentv as im assuming the epg comes from transponder 11778 which is very weak here so that would be a reason for it not to update. Just wondered if yours worked ok

yeshu26

Registered
Commander Data!

I currently use Spark version for sly uk and baltic channels.

Spark has a pathetic EPG, so I want to try Enigma 2. My questions please:

1. How do I back up my current image, so in the event of a failure I can revert to Spark.

2. Is there an image of Enigma, which has Mgcamd, etc preinstalled? If not, then is it easy to add plugins?

yeshu26

Registered
re:

I am intrigued that you have used on 20 boxes Enigma 2.

Is it stable for Amiko Alien? Can you please send the precise link
of the Enigma2, and the plugins you are using?

Picard out!

Mine works 100% on 20 plus boxes down here at my end.

yeshu26

Registered
Thanks,

1. How do I make my system as dual boot? What precisely I need to do?

2. In my Spark system menu, I see e2 upgrade plugin, what shall I do with it?

3. What is the backup plan, if the flashing goes wrong?

cheers

pkteam latest image. you dont need to save your spark image as when you swop over to enigma2 it will not touch the spark .the amiko is a dual image box. try the pkt image with the cross epg and i use cooltv plugin as well.
the pkt image has oscam as well as mgcamnd in the plugins
http://www.mediafire.com/?pp37pqhw69uavsa pkt image
http://www.mediafire.com/?een4ij4c3n766a8 remote fix and cooltv plugin

Data

Registered
1. power box on hold the on button till you see forc press the V to switch between spark and enigma2. once you have selected enigma 2 reboot the box. you need to load the enigma 2 image on the fat32 formated usb pen. it should be a folder on pen drive called enigma2 with a couple of files in it.power the box back on. hold the on button in till you see forc again press the > to start the update wait for it to restart and you have the enigma2 image on your box.
2.all the spark stuff on the box is safe it will not be touched.
3. if you stuff it up proper you just swop back to spark. by holding in the on button till you see forc then press the ^ button to go back to spark.

Last edited:

yeshu26

Registered
hi,

1. by power button you mean the power button on the back?

2. how do i revert to spark? reverse of what u wrote?