Opticum x403p hd

jass786

Registered
hi i bought orton x403p hd satellite recieved.
when i select HD CHANNELS NO SOUND.will u please help.thanks:)

scorpion007

Registered
Are you using the HDMI cable,If not check you connections and settings.SW ALI3602 06020200 Amiko synaps HD X4 emu 1.4.09 is very good,Also check the audio is set correctly by pressing the speaker button on the remote and select language.

scorpion007

Registered
These images are for this receiver, just make sure you download them from this forum as they are tweaked for the X403P. I don't think this will solve your sound issue you may have a cable or box fault.

nickl0

Registered
The issue is not the box, it's your TV. It's the same with mine. The HD channels output Dolby Digital as the main audio stream so if your TV can't decode it then you get no sound. The alternative option is the audio description audio stream but this often includes actual audio descriptions, although not on all channels.

The workaround for me is a SPDIF to Analog adapter from eBay for about £20 from China. Connect an RCA cable from the digital out on the Orton and hook it to the adapter and then you use a normal (red/white) RCA to 3.5mm jack cable to the back of the TV.

I am using this setup and it works fine. However, I am lucky in the fact I can set the TV's HDMI settings to accept analog audio and ignore what's coming via the HDMI cable. Check the manual for your TV to see if yours offers this. Mines a 3-4 year old 37" Toshiba Regza LCD.

I have also split the digital out from the box using a RCA 'Y' cable (before the digital/analog converter) so it also feeds my surround system when I don't want to have sound from the TV.

I suppose the other option you have is to buy a new TV - my 3 month old bedroom TV decodes Dolby Digital fine, but it's too small for my lounge. :)

Hope that helps.

Nick

Last edited: