Acamd Audio Switch Issue

Jagad2

Registered
Hi Guys!

I have an issue with acamd never gets initialized after the log "Audio switch..." appears in Acamd Monitor. This seem to lock the plugin entirely and recordings fails. The Audio Switch log appears exactly when the plugin should be initialized, which never occurs cuz the acamd plugin is now locked. This log never occurs on a newly started DVBViewer Recording Service...then all recordings on multiple tuners are successful. The log occurs when stopping all recordings and starting new ones. The initialization of the last used acamd plugin fails and i get the audio switch log. The plugin never gets loaded in NewCS and decryption fails entirely.

Now what is this audio switch function and is it really needed when it tend to cause these kind of troubles?

I do use DVBViewer Recording Service with Acamd 6.2.0. When reading changelog for the Acamd 6.1.8 release the developer mentions "Fixed: Audio switch DVBViewer". There seem to be impossible to find info about this fix. I wonder if any of you knows something more?

MOST importantly is it possible to disable this audio switch feature entirely?

Best regards
Jagad2

Last edited:

Jagad2

Registered
Hi Guys!

After testing several hundred recordings (Start and Stop) i did find out that ACamd 6.2.0 and 6.1.8 contains a nasty bug. The fix the ACamd developer are referring to in 6.1.8 regarding Audio Switch DVBViewer actually was a bad move. This because ACamd 6.1.5 works just fine. No Audio Switch errors locking up the plugin and the plugin gets loaded into NewCS just fine and the decryptions works great.

//Jagad2