I 'd like to introduce a new game which it's a little harder.It's worth to try.It's a same word game.
But we have to do two things in the game.
- First use first letter and last letter forming another word.Not necessary in order,any place in word.
- Second give us the meaning of the word you create.
I believe it will teach us to know more about English.
Remeber the more you learn and search the more you know better for yourself.
I hope you all like it.Come join in,If you have nothing to do or relaxing while you finish all your daily works.
Here is the sample:
1. One that begins.
2. One who is just starting to learn or do something; a novice.
To form a new word + meaning ,like this >
Brand = A trademark or distinctive name identifying a product or a manufacturer.
I'll start this game with this word:
Amaze = To affect with great wonder; astonish.
Who's going to be next.:clapping:
Aesthetic = of, relating to, or dealing with aesthetics or the beautiful
artistic / attractive
Access = A coming to, or near approach
Sand = Rock grained by abrasive powers of nature
Shadow = an area where direct light from a light source cannot reach due to obstruction by an object.
Sword = handheld bladed metal weapon having one or two sharp cutting edges
Dose = the quantity of something that may be eaten by or administered to an organism, or that an organism may be exposed to.
depart = to leave, to die, to deviate
= 1. Lordship
= 2. a sequence of powerful leaders in the same family
= Moamer Gathafy of Libya....:mad:!
= a person exercising absolute power
It's a little hard to understand how to play this game.
But please take your time to figure out how it's working.
You are almost getting there.
First & Last letter - to form another word.
Although words like "yard, dynamo, dye or eyedropper" would have suited after unienoīs word "dynasyty"
*** these are only examples for all those who perhaps may want to play the game and still try to figure out the rules,
I will go on with a911īs word "dictator"
First letter of the word "dictator" is a "d"
Last letter of the word "dictator" is an "r"
These two start- and end- letters of my/your predecessor must be used again in the new word - no matter where.
I will underline these "used up" predecessor letters in my new word and colour red+bold those letters that the next player has to use:
regrade = to retire, to go back
= 1. The act of looking over something (again),
2. Law. Revision of a sentence, etc., by some other court or authority.
3. A general survey or reconsideration of some subject or thing.
1. directed or moving ahead
2. lying or situated in or near the front part of something
3. presumptuous, pert, or impudent
4. well developed or advanced, esp in physical, material, or intellectual growth or development
5. Archaic (often postpositive) ready, eager, or willing
6. of or relating to the future or favouring change; progressive
Too many possibilities.
Had to take this from a dictionary.
I abbreviated explanations - there were many more - didnīt want to copy & paste the very long page.
florida = The name of a State in the south-east of the United States.
fate = doom, unfavourable destiny, supposed force or power that predetermines events
effort = A strenuous putting forth of power, physical or mental; a laborious attempt; a struggle
better = more than good / someone who bets
= Name of a village near Argentan, France.
= Camembert cheese: a rich soft cheese made in the vicinity of Camembert; also, any cheese of the same type, wherever made.
= the act of correcting.
= A decline in a stock market price after a large rise.
Hopefully am correct this time....:ff:
Right on !!! a911.
= To rejoice along with another.
= To express to a person one's pleasure or gratification at his good fortune, success, or happiness.
water frozen solid
Sports The playing field in ice hockey; the rink.
Extreme unfriendliness or reserve.
Slang A payment over the listed price of a ticket for a public event.
Something resembling frozen water (ammonia ice)
to coat or slick with solidly frozen water
to cause to become ice; freeze
to chill by setting in or as if in ice
to cover or decorate (a cake, for example) with a sugar coating
Slang to kill, murder
..... and more ...
= To drive, force, or constrain (a person) to some action, or to do something,
by acting upon his mind or feelings; to urge on, incite.
= In literal sense: To drive or cause to move onward; to impart motion to.
= Desert; not inhabited or cultivated; as, wild land
= Wildly; as, to talk wild
= a hard, fibrous tissue found in many plants
= he secondary xylem of trees and shrubs, lying beneath the bark and consisting largely of cellulose and lignin
large number of people gathered together
the common people, populace
to congregate in a restricted area (the family crowded around the table)
to advance by pressing or shoving (reporters crowded towards the speaker)
= To sorrow greatly, grieve, lament.
= To grieve with; to express sympathy with another in his affliction.
= To express condolence or sympathy.
= To express (formally) one's sympathetic regret at (a misfortune).
certain = sure to come, inevitable, indisputable, to be relied on, perceptible, noticeable, calculable
= To accompany as guide or conductor; to conduct, guide.
= To conduct or lead (a band of men); to conduct or drive (a vehicle).
= To escort with, or as, an armed force for protection.
cypress = evergreen tree / South Californian city
= Preparation intended to beautify the hair, skin, or complexion.
= The art of adorning or beautifying the body.
to increase the speed of
to cause to occur sooner than expected
to cause to develop or progress more quickly
= A milky liquid found in many plants (in special vessels called laticiferous), which exudes when the plant is wounded, and coagulates on exposure to the air;
spec. that of Hevea brasiliensis or other plants used to produce rubber
something inessential but conducive to pleasure and comfort
something expensive or hard to obtain
sumptuous living or surroundings
= a member of the legal profession, one whose business it is to conduct suits in the courts, or to advise clients, in the widest sense embracing every branch of the profession, though in colloquial use often limited to attorneys and solicitors.
vessel for fishing with trawler net
one who trawls
= Any violation or transgression of the law
= Any actionable wrong committed against the person or property of another
= A passing beyond some limit.
=Of or relating to terrorism
=person(s) commits the crime to humanity!
Of or relating to art or artists: the artistic community.
Sensitive to or appreciative of art or beauty: an artistic temperament.
Showing imagination and skill: an artistic design.
= A small fish of the Herring family (Engraulis encrasicholus) found on the European coasts, especially in the Mediterranean, where it is extensively caught, and pickled for exportation.
1. A body of water partially enclosed by land but with a wide mouth, affording access to the sea: the Bay of Biscay.
2. An area of land, such as an arm of prairie partially enclosed by woodland, that resembles in shape or formation a partially enclosed body of water.
To combine in refusing to hold relations of any kind, social or commercial, public or private, with (a neighbour), on account of political or other differences
Definition of BOLT
a : a shaft or missile designed to be shot from a crossbow or catapult; especially : a short stout usually blunt-headed arrow b : a lightning stroke; also : thunderbolt
a : a wood or metal bar or rod used to fasten a door b : the part of a lock that is shot or withdrawn by the key
: a roll of cloth or wallpaper of specified length
: a metal rod or pin for fastening objects together that usually has a head at one end and a screw thread at the other and is secured by a nut
a : a block of timber to be sawed or cut b : a short round section of a log
: a metal cylinder that drives the cartridge into the chamber of a firearm, locks the breech, and usually contains the firing pin and extractor
comparative of good / more excellent
= Courageous, daring, intrepid, stout-hearted (as a good quality),a warrior, soldier.
Any one of various liquids for drinking, usually excluding water;).
= signal station, watch-tower.
The salted and smoked meat from the back and sides of a pig
= The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, such as one might fall over
= The edge of the land bordering a piece of water, as a river, lake, the sea
= The very verge of some state, time, event, or action
A place where products such as bread, cake, and pastries are baked or sold. Also called bakeshop or bakehouse
= a long blade fixed to the muzzle of a rifle for use in hand-to-hand fighting.
= denoting a type of fitting for a light bulb or other appliance which is pushed into a socket and then twisted into place.
The French name for concrete; hence, concrete made after the French fashion.
= A large outdoor fire that is lighted as a signal or in celebration
1. to shorten (a word or phrase) by contraction or omission of some letters or words
2. to shorten (a speech or piece of writing) by omitting sections, paraphrasing, etc.
3. to cut short
= make minor improvements to (a document, proposal, etc.).
to worship as God or a god
to regard with deep, often rapturous love
to like very much
= Hypersensitivity reaction to a particular allergen; symptoms can vary greatly in intensity
1. Grass or other plants, such as clover or alfalfa, cut and dried for fodder.
2. Slang A trifling amount of money: gets $100 an hour, which isn't hay.
3. To make (grass) into hay.
4. To feed with hay.
= Informal or slang term for mentally irregular
= Not functioning properly
At this place
At this time (now)
At this point
= A fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes
= Any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk;
taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change
= An intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement
1. a. To receive (property or a title, for example) from an ancestor by legal succession or will.
1. b. To receive by bequest or as a legacy.
2. To receive or take over from a predecessor: The new administration inherited the economic problems of the last four years.
3. Biology To receive (a characteristic) from one's parents by genetic transmission.
4. To gain (something) as one's right or portion.
= Possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to a heightened degree.
= Extremely sharp.
= (of colour) having the highest saturation.
1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
2. A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
3. Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.
4. Of or relating to a food regimen designed to promote weight loss in a person or an animal: the diet industry.
5. a. Having fewer calories.
b. Sweetened with a noncaloric sugar substitute.
6. Designed to reduce or suppress the appetite: diet pills; diet drugs.
7. A national or local legislative assembly in certain countries, such as Japan.
8. A formal general assembly of the princes or estates of the Holy Roman Empire.
9. (Law) Scots law:
a. the date fixed by a court for hearing a case
b. a single session of a court
= Move deeply
= Change the arrangement or position of
= Tamper with
= Destroy the peace or tranquility of
= Damage as if by shaking or jarring
Something fit to be eaten; food
= Strip the skin off
= Come off in flakes or thin small pieces
("The paint in my house is peeling off")
= Get undressed
a. A deciduous Eurasian tree (Malus pumila) having alternate simple leaves and white or pink flowers.
b. The firm, edible, usually rounded fruit of this tree.
a. Any of several other plants, especially those with fruits suggestive of the apple, such as the crab apple or custard apple.
b. The fruit of any of these plants.
apple of (one's) eye
One that is treasured: Her grandson is the apple of her eye.
= Someone who operates an aircraft
1 Attorney at law / a lawyer in some countries
2 Attorney general / the principal legal adviser to a government
3 Attorney-in-fact / a person authorised to act on someone else's behalf in a legal or business matter by a power of attorney
= A shelter from danger or hardship
= A hospital for mentally incompetent or unbalanced person
insane; suffering from a disorder of the mind
= Baboon of west Africa with a bright red and blue muzzle and blue hindquarters
1. A member of a Dravidian people of southern India and northern Sri Lanka.2. The Dravidian language of the Tamil.
= To incline or bend from a vertical position
= Heel over
= Move sideways or in an unsteady way
= Charge with a tilt
1.) Comparative of "good": Greater in excellence or higher in quality.
2.) Comparative of "well": In a more excelent way.
= European food fish
- a colour
= A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman
= A man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
One inclined to sponge off others and avoid work
= A curved piece of wood; when properly thrown will return to thrower
= A miscalculation that recoils on its maker
A person, employed by an agent to assist him.
= A male deer, especially an adult male red deer
= Adult male deer
One venerated for experience, judgment, and wisdom.
= A punctuation mark (';') used to connect independent clauses; indicates a closer relation than does a period
1. often Sun A star that is the basis of the solar system and that sustains life on Earth, being the source of heat and light. It has a mean distance from Earth of about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles) a diameter of approximately 1,390,000 kilometers (864,000 miles) and a mass about 330,000 times that of Earth.
2. A star that is the center of a planetary system.
3. The radiant energy, especially heat and visible light, emitted by the sun; sunshine.
4. A sunlike object, representation, or design.
= Watch, observe, or inquire secretly. (verb)
= A spy who makes uninvited inquiries into the private affairs of others. (noun)
An agent employed by a state/a company to obtain secret information
= An arbitrary sign (written or printed) that has acquired a conventional significance
= Something visible that by association or convention represents something else that is invisible
"the eagle is a symbol of the United States"
a. A weapon consisting of a looped strap in which a stone is whirled and then let fly.
b. A slingshot.
A looped rope, strap, or chain for supporting, cradling, or hoisting something, especially:
a. A strap of a shoe that fits over the heel.
b. A strap used to carry a rifle over the shoulder.
c. Nautical A rope or chain that attaches to the mast and supports a yard.
d. A band suspended from the neck to support an injured arm or hand.
3. The act of hurling a missile.
= Burn superficially or lightly
"I singed my eyebrows"
= Become superficially burned
"my eyebrows singed when I bent over the flames"
a. The property or quality by which organisms are classified as female or male on the basis of their reproductive organs and functions.
b. Either of the two divisions, designated female and male, of this classification.
2. Females or males considered as a group.
3. The condition or character of being female or male; the physiological, functional, and psychological differences that distinguish the female and the male.
4. The sexual urge or instinct as it manifests itself in behavior.
5. Sexual intercourse.
6. The genitals.
= A single-reed woodwind with a conical bore
I should chose "sex" again, but too much sex ...
1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.
2. often Serpenta. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.
4. A firework that writhes while burning.
5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.
6. Serpent Serpens.
I should chose "sex" again, but too much sex ... :D
= Move an implement through
"stir the soup"; "stir my drink"; "stir the soil"
= Stir feelings in
1. A medical instrument used to inject fluids into the body or draw them from it.
2. A hypodermic syringe.
= Make very hot and dry
= Become superficially burned
= Burn slightly and superficially so as to affect colour
= Cause to wither or parch from exposure to heat
1. Sir Used as an honorific before the given name or the full name of baronets and knights.
2. Used as a form of polite address for a man: Don't forget your hat, sir.
3. Used as a salutation in a letter: Dear Sir or Madam.
= Look at with fixed eyes
"The students stared at the teacher with amazement"
= Fixate one's eyes
"The ancestor in the painting is staring down menacingly"