advice needed for ipbox900

hambone

Registered
hi guys
im sorry if my post makes me out to be stupid but i have been reading and googling about c/s etc but i cannot get anywhere with this box since the demise of cable and swapping the tuner for sat.

i have flashed the latest sifteam image and modified url2 via ftp so i am able to transfer files to the box,
i have set the cam to oscam.stapi but this is where i am stuck with blank screens

i have cuberevo 900 but dont have any cards or modules inside.

do i need a c-line to obtain pictures?

do i need a card or cam for my box in order to connect to the server?

if anyone could point me in the right diretion as far as purchasing a cam or card or even tell me im flogging dead horse with this box, i would be grateful?

please pm if the pointers i require arent allowed publically

im interested in watching sport and movies (as much as a substitute for what was available in the cable days as possible)

i have 2 sats 13.0e & 19.2e (28.2e to be added when the weather improves)

maybe somebody can explain if i am doing something basically wrong and point me in the right direction?

i do have protek 9600ip also which is working fine but is non hd and thats where i would like the ip box 900 to come into play instead of upgrading to a hd protek 9750 and forking out over £200

once again apologies for possibly sounding stupid but i have spent endless hours messing with this box on satellite without much success.

thanks in advance
ham.

arken

Registered
1. You need a cardserver to clear channels. oscam supports all sorts of them. You need to edit oscam.server to add you server
2. or you need emu that supports reading softcam.key (like mgcamd 1.35) It will clear some channels in your configuration but not much
3. or you need a cam module & card (since 900 does not have a card reader). I this case you dont need any emus

Last edited:

hambone

Registered
1. You need a cardserver to clear channels. oscam supports all sorts of them. You need to edit oscam.server to add you server
2. or you need emu that supports reading softcam.key (like mgcamd 1.35) It will clear some channels in your configuration but not much
3. or you need a cam module & card (since 900 does not have a card reader). I this case you dont need any emus

thanks for the info arken.

i think point no 2 would be limited as you suggest.

would i be right in thinking that point no 3 means that a cam module and card would only open a particular package?

and does the cardserver option no 1 mean i need access to a p**server to clear channels in conjunction with a downloaded emu?

i hope you will forgive my ignorance when it comes to the 900 as opposed to a box like the protek or spiderbox which connect to a server which clears many packages without paying for cams or cards etc.

i dont want to purchase a new box but dont mind paying for access to a server to clear packages (especially hd) in order that this box can be used as something more than an expensive fta reciever.

in hindsight this box was a bad choice on my part due to my lack of knowledge about the whole c/s setup but i did have a good run with it on cable.

cheers
ham