Cuberevo Twin HD Receiver Component video problem

ABrechin

Registered
I recently acquired this box and have not yet had the satellite dish, etc. installed, but on booting the machine I found that I could not see the start up screens through HDMI. This would appear to be a problem with my JVC LCD TV as I had similar problems (and gave up) with an upscaling Sony DVD Player I have.

The Cuberevo does have a component video output though, which I believe, can output up to 1080i. My JVC LCD TV, LT-26DX7, can also receive up to 1080i from component video and I know the component video input on the TV works. However, when I boot up through Scart so I can amend the AV settings on the Cuberevo and then re-start with the component video cable connected (and Scart disconnected), the TV does detect the component input , but only so far as the screen changes from blue to black. Is this because I am not actually outputting any ‘pictures’ yet, or am I missing some settings on the AV set up which I need to get the component video to output properly to the TV. If someone could identify the various settings I need to amend to make this work it would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS – the AV settings on the set up screens indicate 1080i-50 as being the ‘best’ setting you can get, but when you enter the resolution setting by interrupting the boot you get 1080i-60 as an option, which I believe my TV can accept (and is better). Could this help?

I am using an NLB 8833 image, if this has any bearing on things and, like I say, I have no satellites connected yet, I’m merely making sure I can get HD before the installer does his stuff this Friday. (I’ve given up on HDMI as I reckon my TV is simply faulty on this one).