fav. channel recording problem

arashkhaan

Registered
Hi, when I start recording a channel from favorite group , rest of channels in that fav. group disapear 1!!! what is wrong with this box :confused: ?

drs101

Registered
you can only record and watch from the same transponder. so when you record, anything not on the same transponders is unavalible, you should be able to watch stuff using the second tuner thoe

arashkhaan

Registered
when I record from one transponder I just can reach the same transponder nothing else ! what should I do ? so you mean I have to put another antena for the other tuner ?

drs101

Registered
yes you can only watch and record from the same transponder at the same time, you would need another tuner connected to anoter dish or lnb, cable or teristrial feed.

chuckysat

Registered
if you have 2 tuners in your stb then you need to add satellite to both tuners to view and record

drs101

Registered
if he has only 1 dish and 1 lnb he will still only be able to watch and record from the same transponder at the same time

drs101

Registered
is your dish fixed? if so you could have 2 lnb for 2 differnt sats, feed each one into your 2 sat tuners.

i havnt done this, i have a moterised sat dish and cable, but im pretty sure thats how you would do it

arashkhaan

Registered
Hi, I added another dish on Hotbird, so now I have hotbird on tuner 1 and 2 also I have the other sat on tuner one but when I start recording a channel from Hotbird it records that channel from tuner one so all other sat on tuner one are unreachable ! why is that ? I even start recording from tuner 2 ! but when I open the list of channels on tuner 1 it shows recording on that channels, so please someone tell me what did I wrong ,

drs101

Registered
you need to explain more how you have setup, you have 2 fixed dish's 2 tuners?

Run 1 dish into tuner 1 and dish 2 into tuner 2, then they should run independently.

arashkhaan

Registered
OK, on tuner one , Hotbird-sirus-intelsat-badr
on tuner two, hotbird-turk
seems like it always start recording from tuner 1 if the same sat is on tuner 2 ? I don't know

drs101

Registered
maybe its a bug with the software, someone who has a similar setup will have to advise as this should work.

Palinkat

Registered
I have 2 dishes, astra 1 and astra 2 with 2 diseq switchers. 2 feeds from each dish (4 in total) go in the diseq switches and 2 feeds go to each tunner on the box.
I setup both dishes on both tunners with the diseq switch to A and B for each dish.
I can record astra 1 (tunner1) and watch astra 2 (tunner 2) and vice versa.

Hope this helps.