epg

dazzlet

Registered
can anybody tell me how to get the epg working on this box i have read the topic on the webepg thing but i dont understand how to install it there was talk of sbox but i dont know what this is either i am currently using the cli beta newest image.
i have only had my box for a week and i have learnt so much but if somebody would take the time to help me get the epg working and tell me how to install plgins i think i will not go far wrong in future.

thanks

TerD

Registered
I guess that in the right order you have to get the plug-ins working, right ?

I can only refer to sifteam.You have to have the IPBOX on Ethernet so it picks up an IP address. I had to turn off then turn on my router for it to do this. Check in the IP settings in the IP Box to see that it is DHCP'd. Then in the menu setting go to plug-ins and download the appropriate ones (mgcamd , newscc etc). Red/blue buttons start and stop these.With my subscription card in the CI slot this worked fine for cable.

I guess you have your favourites list in the IP Box. To get the EPG working you need to ensure your local time setting is correct. I could put cable and sat favourites in one. Sat is on UK time and cable is on local time, one hour's difference. Cable programs gave a full EPG and I recorded, time shifted without hassle. Freesat only gave one hrs lookahead. When I left this ( my box is in for a component replacement) there was some bug in sifteam that was going to be fixed.

Has it? I don't know. But let's compare notes when I get my IP BOX back next week.

In the meantimeget your plugpins downloaded and activated.

TerD ( if anyone is viewing and think I got something wrong, please correct)

dazzlet

Registered
i have the webepg plugin installed and i have made a file from my favourites (webepg.list)
i have also installed xmltv on my laptop and configured this to grab the epg from tv_grab_uk_rt and this made a file called file.xml.
i want to know how i now use these 2 files to get the epg to be imported and displayed on my box any help would be appreciated thanks

Palinkat

Registered
I have done the same but that's not an automatic way of getting the EPG. The xml has to be updated manually all the time.
My question is more around the 1 hour time difference.
If I set the time to auto-update, it sets to 1 hour ahead (I am in GMT 0 time zone). To get the correct time, I have to select GMT-1, surely there is a bug somewhere.
Many posts talk about the issue, also mentioned that language settings need to be English (and the time correct). For me, using SIF image and Mbox, the best I get in the EPG is 2 hours and on maybe 2% of my 200 favorite channels.
There is another post in the addons section about LoadEPG but I believe this for Dreambox or Enigma.

Many thanks

Ross_37

Registered
My problem was that the EPG was always 1 hour ahead resulting in the recordeing not being correct. I identified this to be due to Daylight Saving and turning this off has resolved the problem. I have also been advised that this is a BUG.
Hope this helps

TerD

Registered
I had the same issue. My local EPG gave 5 days look ahead, but UK time on sky only gave a couple of hours.
I did not resolve this.
Dazzlet, I don't understand your need to 'import' the epg. The remote control gives 2 options for this (at least in sifteam) and the EPG data surely is part of the channel signal.

I'm at the limit at how I can help you until I get my IP Box back ( next week), but this dialogue at least has reminded my what I need to do if I have to rescan etc after the replaced a dead card)

TerD