channel sorting

dazzlet

Registered
hi i have scanned my channels then downloaded the db to the laptop and opened it with pceditor and arranged the channels and put them in the fav folders that i have created
the top fav folder in the list is most watched ..... when i saved it and uploaded it back to the box and restarted the box the fav folders are all there and the channels in them are as i put them just one small problem that i would really like to sort is for some reason the sports folder appears above the most watched fav folder how can i move the entire folder so it is under the most watched folder. the reason i want to do this is because in the most watched folder it starts with bbc1 bbc2 itv channel 4 and five..... if the most watched folder appeared at the top then i would be able to press button 1 on the remote to get bbc1 on and so on this would make my wife happier.

thanks

also does anybody know an image or a fix that will allow the epg to work on the cbl network thanks

dorosk

Registered
Further to the above
Arrange the groups the way you want to.
Right Click in the Fav Group window and choose Reorder Favorites
Then Right Click on the main channel window and choose Sort Channels By Favorite Group

Now you have the same order for favorites and direct channels

xcase55

Registered
thanx Dorosk

I did spend a lot of time to try to solve this problem.
thanx for yor help.

Maybe can you advice this absolute beginner how to install a cam and what type is general and succesfull in use.

erik

ip9000 plus

dorosk

Registered
Regarding Cams there is no perfect cam, all have there good and bad things.

Use NLB or SIF images.
NLB the cams are already installed
Sif you download them through its panel

Mgcomand + Newcs can read your local/external card + local keys files
Mbox, Incobus + Newcs can also read your local/external card but they need more detail configuration

Its better to find somebody local in your area for some "special" advise and support.

Read also the posts in various forums regarding the problems configuration for each cam.

TerD

Registered
Thanks Dorosk,

The problem is there is noone locally. All of the advice I every received comes from this website ( and promoted me to senior member).

With Sifteam, mgcamd + newcs worked for my local ( subscribed) cable card.

Eventually, what we want from the IPBox is more HD channels. As the majority of quality ones are on sky (I'm convinced freesat is just a marketing funnel for sky) this is the real challenge.

TerD

dorosk

Registered
Hi TerD

Your are not the only one who wants some good HD channels to watch. Once you see some then you want all the channels to be like that.

Myself also learned a lot from this site. My previous box was the good old Humax5400 where things were stable and easy.

This box has improved a lot since August that I have it.

My comment for local advise was mainly if you want to test some external shares. For this you have to have somebody to connect to, and he will tell you usually what to use. Then you can experiment with alternative ways to do the same, just for the fun of it.

After that, one can comment in the forums for problems he is phasing with a specific cam and people will try to give advise based on their experience.

We can not expect to find, in this type of forum, "magic" places that will allow us to see everthing we want to.

Last edited: